• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bill Voth with a great article on Gettleman's plan

Zithers

I agree with Voth fundamentally, but there is a marked difference between this year and last year' and I wish people would just stop making the comparison. It's like comparing apples to oranges, or trying to convince me that a square peg can fit into a round hole.

Yet Mike Shula is still our offensive coordinator.

This is still the worst thing about our offense to me...

We could still have Steve Smith, Draft Cooks and Jordan Matthews and yet....SHula would bring them all down anyway so fug man....

I hate the situation the offense is in.

This is still the worst thing about our offense to me...

We could still have Steve Smith, Draft Cooks and Jordan Matthews and yet....SHula would bring them all down anyway so fug man....

I hate the situation the offense is in.

Shula is the forgotten man all the sudden.

The Panthers can win if Gettleman hits on his offseason moves like he did last year. That’s, of course, a big if. 

He again has to find bargain-bin free agents that can contribute. He again has to nail nearly all his draft choices. He has a razor thin margin for error. If he doesn’t fill holes with home runs in the draft and a bunch of extra base hits in free agency, the Panthers could be in big trouble next season and Gettleman will shoulder most of the blame.  

Best part of the article and like the rest of the story says we can't label him a failure this early in the offseason

but we can also acknowledge Gettleman is going to have to pull off a world class draft to make up for our losses and hope some good players come available later in the offseason

I think people really undervalue how much Ginn helped the special teams in returns...maybe we can get Hester for vet minimum and only have him on returns.

Ginn wasn't worth what he got but still our STs have sucked so bad it was nice to see a nice return game last year.

I'm pissed at Gettleman for *how* he handled Smith's release, not the fact it came to that.

Everything else I completely understand, given how dire our cap numbers are.

About time for you to get the fug over that and move on.

I don't fault Gettleman for anything except cutting Smitty & going about it in such a horrible fashion. Letting all of those guys walk is something I assumed he would do anyway because they'd all earned pay raises that we would have never been able to give them. Although, I did see up more than likely finding a way to keep Ginn. But his biggest & only mistake thus far IMO has been letting Smitty go. I'd bet that's why he's in the position now where FA's don't really want to play here, specifically wide recievers, because they probably would have wanted him here to learn from.

We're definitely going to have a few no names at WR..    Let us hope that over the next couple of years,   they(whatever WRs we get in the draft) develop a chip on their shoulder and they strive to make a name for themselves.

Archived