• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Text from my aunt after talking with TD's wife

SCP

So I'm dining at Del Friscos in Atlanta and receive the following text from my aunt:

"What the hell is that asshole doing to our team. Smith was screwed. I talked with Thomas's wife the other day and she said he was talking on the phone with keuchly the other night and Luke was upset and wanted to know if this is how the panthers always do Davis told him he didn't know what was going on. she told him they were going to suck this year and he got mad"

Discuss.....

Out of all the players on the team, I would think kuechly would understand cap management.

This is interesting though.

Considering this org carried Davis through 3 ACL injuries I hope he could add a little perspective for Keek.

Having no WR's worth a damn is concerning, players want to win now, they want immediate success too and want to maximize every year.

I wonder how the players would have felt had we let Hardy walk out the door instead of some of the others because that's what happens when a small percentage of the players hog a large percentage of the cap space. 59 will be part of that group soon enough. You think he and his agent aren't going to demand as much as they can. They all want to distance themselves from what it means to others when it's their time to cash in. Let me know when player A decides to take a 50-80% discount so player B can stay for the betterment of the team.

when it comes down to it there is a difference between managing the team from an emotionally objective standpoint and setting fire to a winning team because you wanna build it up your way.

when your actions have the players you were counting on to lead the team (and were using as justification for parting with previous leadership) have verbally thrown in the towel on the season prior to it starting you have a deep, serious issue.

Right now it looks a lot like Gettleman had a plan to do things his way and it didnt go the way he wanted and the ensuing dumpster fire that we *appear* to be to the rest of the world is making it that much worse.

when it comes down to it there is a difference between managing the team from an emotionally objective standpoint and setting fire to a winning team because you wanna build it up your way.

when your actions have the players you were counting on to lead the team (and were using as justification for parting with previous leadership) have verbally thrown in the towel on the season prior to it starting you have a deep, serious issue.

Right now it looks a lot like Gettleman had a plan to do things his way and it didnt go the way he wanted and the ensuing dumpster fire that we *appear* to be to the rest of the world is making it that much worse.

Ummm isn't every gm suppose to build it up his way?

Throwing in the towel? way to jump to conclusions. From how I'm reading it, it was the chick that said they were going to suck and it made Thomas mad.

Would we all be going this crazy if Smitty was still on the team. We're really talking about one player here.

How does she know TD's wife?

I'm not doubting you and it's easy to imagine players not reacting well to Smitty getting cut, but this seems like an over reaction or your dear aunt is exaggerating just a little bit.

Sent from my SM-N900V using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Archived