• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rookies the Panthers are interested in

Zithers

Someone mentioned we should have a thread of players we've met with... so... here it is! Mainly taken from WalterFootball.

I also know we've had reps at Ole Miss (Donte Moncrief) and Florida St. (a lot of players... notably Kelvin Benjamin and LaMarcus Joyner).

QB

Tahj Boyd - Clemson (Senior Bowl)

WR

Jordan Matthews - Vanderbilt (Private)

Jared Abbrederis - Wisconsin (Senior Bowl)

Kevin Norwood - Alabama (Private)

Corey Brown - Ohio St. (Private)

TE

Eric Ebron - North Carolina (Private)

OT

Morgan Moses - Virginia (Private)

Billy Turner - North Dakota St. (Private)

Cameron Fleming - Stanford (???)

DL

Justin Ellis - Louisiana Tech (East-West)

LB

Chris Borland - Wisconsin (Senior Bowl)

Adrian Hubbard - Alabama (Senior Bowl)

CB

Jason Verrett - Texas Christian (Private)

Pierre Desir - Lindenwood (Private)

Pretty sure they talked to Brandon Thomas (G//T) Clemson at SR bowl

How is Boyd a waste of a pick? We need a back up for Cam. Had we drafted Wilson, this wouldn't be an issue but The Seahawks got to him first.

I don't see us drafting a QB now since DA just resigned for another 2 seasons. I think Boyd was just a back up plan in case DA refuse to resign. We have been known for many years now for only carrying 2 QBs on the roster during the season. So it would be dumb to waste a pick on Boyd just to put him the PS once the season started.

It is really starting to look like Gettlemen is going OT in the draft.

We have Garry Williams and Travis Bond (along with Bell) listed as OTs on Panthers.com, with Chandler as an OL.

I will also say that I think the $5 m we have in cap room will mostly go toward signing Britt.  I think we have Britt by Monday.  If so, one stud WR from the draft (like a Matthews) would make our WR corps awesome.  Imagine Britt, Jordan Matthews, Cotchery, Underwood, King, McNutt.   MUCH IMPROVEMENT on a budget--Gettlebashers take note.

We should draft a CB to go with Cason, White, Dockery, and Norman.  Better?  I think so.

I think we draft a S to give us a reason to cut Godfrey.  Anderson Russell, Harper, and Lester.  Better?  Maybe.

Hats off to Gettlemen.  We are getting better without spending big $$$. 

It is really starting to look like Gettlemen is going OT in the draft. We have Garry Williams and Travis Bond (along with Bell) listed as OTs on Panthers.com, with Chandler as an OL. I will also say that I think the $5 m we have in cap room will mostly go toward signing Britt. I think we have Britt by Monday. If so, one stud WR from the draft (like a Matthews) would make our WR corps awesome. Imagine Britt, Jordan Matthews, Cotchery, Underwood, King, McNutt. MUCH IMPROVEMENT on a budget--Gettlebashers take note. We should draft a CB to go with Cason, White, Dockery, and Norman. Better? I think so. I think we draft a S to give us a reason to cut Godfrey. Anderson Russell, Harper, and Lester. Better? Maybe. Hats off to Gettlemen. We are getting better without spending big $$$.
Perhaps. But I'd be surprised if we only draft one receiver. I'd also be surprised if every receiver that you mentioned actually makes the roster. Sent from my SGH-T989 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Perhaps. But I'd be surprised if we only draft one receiver. I'd also be surprised if every receiver that you mentioned actually makes the roster. Sent from my SGH-T989 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

In thiis draft, we could take 2 WRs and probably should take 2.  I am really (in March) looking at this from the perspective "if we do nothing more than draft a WR...." Even from that scenario, we are better.

I am looking at CB the same way.  I really don't like the value in the first or second rounds, but in the thrid and fourth, there seems to be some talent.   However, even if we don't draft a CB (something I would find shocking) are we better?  I think so.  White is no longer a rookie, Dockery is a long CB who has decent speed, and Cason is a solid football player. 

I simply hope we can find a rookie who can handle the LT position.  I find the acquisition of McNeill rather interesting--is the plan to develop a rookie at LT and help him a lot with a TE?  (Most will say, "but we did not re-sign Hartsock.")  That is true, but if we draft or sign another TE, it could be a faint hint that we are going to go with a rookie LOT.

FYI, Borland is Mini-Keek

And Boyd is a waste of a pick

Been saying that for awhile, so I'm glad to see someone else believes that also. Borland will be a stud, he had a rough combine, so he could slip to us in the 3rd. I'd be ecstatic if we got him.

1. Jason Verrett CB

2. Chris Borland LB

3. Cameron Fleming OT

4. James Hurst OT

5. Kevin Norwood Wr

6. Colt Lyerla TE

7. Corey Brown WR

JJ, I know everyone has their opinion, but I believe that G-man would lose a lot of goodwill if we ended up with this draft.  The Huddle would be in an uproar, and NFL analysts would be blasting G-man and the organization everywhere.  We would here people talking of conspiracies to screw Cam, or exclamations about not giving Cam any help.  It would be a virtual worl apocalyptic type of situation in Pantherland. 

BTW, I could get with the Hurst and Lyerla picks.  Verrett in the first, might make me say "fug", but I'd get over it.  Borland in the second would make me SMDH until the end of time.  People would think that I had an uncontrollable twitch or something.

Archived