• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gross on WBT radio at 10 (with recap)

PantherFeez

Jordan Gross ‏@J2theGross  16m
Hola world! Looking forward to catching up with @ClubLama at 10 today on @wbtradio. I've got lots to talk about!

Started off reflecting on his retirement ceremony (the host of this show was invited)

Gross on how it felt during his ceremony: "One of the best days of my life. Felt like a funeral, but it went the way I wanted it"

"Knowing Kalil, I knew a prank was coming at some point; that's how we show our appreciation with one another. That's friendship. His tweet "good riddance" was the best of all the well wishes."

Asked, when he knew he was retiring: "After I redid my contract for essentially a 1 year deal, unless i got some miraculous sign from god or a miraculous pain free body that it was my last year. I geared up for the year, gave it everything I had and it was awesome. I feel good now."

Asked about Smitty, how bad a distraction was he: "Mannnnnn, just terrible. All things must come to an end, myself, Steve and Fox can all say that. Steve and I were the last 2 drafted guys from the original gang. I think it was just a time for change. He wanted to be there though.13 years in 1 locker room is unheard of. With Steve, what you love about him is what drives you nuts sometimes. He's fiery and opinionated. I'm not going to say he didn't ruffle feathers, but there was never a point where I didn't want him on my team. Dave Gettleman isn't very popular right now because of his tough call."

Regarding Dave Gettleman and his "I didn't like Dave last year" comment: "I can say that because we have a good relationship now, but I didn't agree that my contract had to be restructured, There were a lot of decisions he made a year ago that people were questioning, but we went 12 and 4 and Ron coached a great year. The Panthers are going through some of that now, so i'll reserve judgement of his decisions now because no one pinned us to win the division last year too. We were picked to be dead last in the division last year, we didn't. The same moves that happened last year are happening again and people are panicky"

On Cam's ankle: "I have 0 worries on Cam. He's got so much better every year because he continues to understand things more and more. He's young, strong and has the best doctors tending to him. Being a smarter player is more important than his ankle (because he's young and will recover just fine, it's a non issue). 0 worries on my behalf. Cam is the future, and i'm a huge fan of his"

Will you still be doing This Is Gross?: "I don't know, it depends what my roll is with the team going forward and my access to them. I did it because I enjoy talking to my team mates, not something to do for the future. That's a me thing."

Who knew you were returning prior to the season and why wasn't it public?: "Kalil, Travelle and Piggy knew it was my last year. I didn't want to make my last year a spectacle, so I didn't make it known."

Talked about someone quoting him saying "Cam's head is a bigger issue than his ankle" Gross: "That's completely wrong, that goes back to quotes in the media. People hear what they want to hear. That's the reason I don't tweet as much as I do. If you put quote marks around something, it's DEFINITELY true."

note: I didn't see anything personally on this Cam thing. I saw a comment below regarding his head problem>ankle problem. He shoots that down in the last section. Basically again, just saying people hear what they want to hear.

He finished the segment talking about visiting Idaho and fishing. Stayed the full hour. I'll post a podcast link if it becomes available.

Did he really say Cams head is a bigger problem than his ankle or is that just twittertards stirring poo up? My guess is he said it tongue-in-cheek, knowing gross, but I'm not listening so..

I don't know who said what you're talking about but Gross talked about it and said it's "people hearing what they want to hear" and shot down that whole situation.

I don't know who said what you're talking about but Gross talked about it and said it's "people hearing what they want to hear" and shot down that whole situation.

Yea sorry I guess it was just these guys trying to be funny (although they failed)

post-13530-0-58181500-1395761276_thumb.j

Yea sorry I guess it was just these guys trying to be funny (although they failed)

It's funny cause I saw your comment before getting to that part of the show (was on catching up while writing the recap). I'm not sure who bradandbritt are (maybe guys on that show or something) but Gross was like "Man you see that's what I hate about the media, they just put things in quotes based on hearing what they like to hear sometimes"

Archived