• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Blame Peppers

this is peppers fault:

Panthers nt ma'ake kemoeatu will miss the entire 2009 season after tearing his achilles' tendon in monday's practice.

This is an enormous blow to a defensive line extremely short on depth. For perspective, kemo's backup is undrafted fa marlon favorite. The panthers took an obvious risk entering camp so thin on both lines, but there wasn't much they could do because julius peppers swallowed up so much salary cap space. they may have a hard time just affording a street free agent tackle.

Source: Darin gantt on twitter

how can the panthers management and players not be mad at peppers?when injuries like kemo's happen we are screwed because there wasn't any money to sign decent backups. The same thing is going to happen if kalil, otah, gross, etc get hurt....we had no money to sign any of our good backups. Peppers has handcuffed this team.....if he would have signed a long term contract his base would have been so much lower that we would have had at least 7 million if not more to play with. Does he not feel bad knowing that he has screwed the team before the season has even started? We have to be very lucky and hope for no injuries if we are going to compete with that tough azz schedule.

Also, it isn't just this year that we haven't been able to sign more players because of pepp. He's been wanting to get out of here for a while so he hasn't signed an extension for the last 3 years. Very few if any star players play there whole contract out without agreeing to a restructure or extension. Peppers was one player who never restructured or he didn't sign an extension....he has been carrying a gigantic cap number all those years preventing us signing a couple of more players. We probably could have gone a lot further if steve had an elite receiver next to him or we had another elite player.

I'm a carolina grad and love peppers but he's really screwed us the last couple of years.

i blame you!!!

A money issue is NOT why some people were mad at Pep and now scoff at the "everything is fine" optimists. It's the length of his holdout that irks people. If he had signed his filthy rich contract sooner, we could have nabbed better backups. He did not, so now we're forced to obtain other teams' training camp fodder. Sure, he still would have left us with less to pay someone anyway, but the better "someones" are long gone.

Exactly... like I said a little. Im not going to blame it all on him. But sitting here like some people "refusing" to recognize that Pep has absolutely no part of it is just ridiculous. 3 "years", not 3 seasons, is maaaddd long. Thats all on him with that

Exactly... like I said a little. Im not going to blame it all on him. But sitting here like some people "refusing" to recognize that Pep has absolutely no part of it is just ridiculous. 3 "years", not 3 seasons, is maaaddd long. Thats all on him with that

Common sense, your table is ready.

The man was a free agent. No matter how you look at it, it is what it is. Him getting tagged was Carolina's doing. As a free agent you have the right to look for other offers, and if you get tagged, you can refuse to sign it and sit out the season. I'm sure lots of you would have loved for him to sit out the season....you would have called him a saint right?

Gantt can suck my f*cking d*ck

I've looked at Gantt's page and his blog, and other than general (Kemo out with a torn achilles, possible options, etc) I can't find anything on it that justifies the OP citing it as a "source".

I'd have to see a link. Otherwise it looks like the stuff attributed to Gantt is, in reality, the poster's opinions.

And someone remind me: I could have sworn that username was one of the many aliases of one of our "multiple ban" posters.

Jangler predicted this, quietly..

Just thought I would post my quatrain...

Recipients: bleys

Yesterday, 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleys

what were you thinkin? Curious of course...

I figured you would ask... I was thinking with all the money Peppers has taken up. If the injuries were to mount up (NIXNIXNIX!!) and they really can't bring any decent BUs. Do you think the resentment of Pep could start to grow, for not signing the tender earlier and getting a new contract signed?

I was just wondering... But too early to put that out there into the minds of people who hadn't thought of it yet.

:willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

Archived