• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who's the big slider?

unicar15

But back on topic, it very well could be Ebron who slides. Old article, but at least one NFL executive isn't impressed with him:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000338148/article/nfl-executive-blasts-eric-ebron-entire-te-draft-class

Lol watch that be fuging Belichick trying to set up a smokescreen to take him at 29 or something.

But more importantly, 10 TEs have been taken in the 1st round since 2004, and only 2 in the top 20:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/draft-finder.cgi?request=1&year_min=2000&year_max=2013&type=&round_min=1&round_max=1&slot_min=1&slot_max=500&league_id=&team_id=&pos=TE&college_id=all&conference=any&show=all#drafts::none

I haven't seen much of Ebron, is he comparable to Olsen, or does he have more Vernon Davis off the charts athleticism?

Can I just vent for a minute.. I hate when GMs say "we will take best player avaliable." Im sorry but thats hogwash. Ok, so say if the BPA is a MLB, RB or DE, does anyone actually believe thats what we will take. There is absloutley no such thing as GMs only taking the BPA, can we all admit no team truely takes BPA and teams do draft for need?!

Can I just vent for a minute.. I hate when GMs say "we will take best player avaliable." Im sorry but thats hogwash. Ok, so say if the BPA is a MLB, RB or DE, does anyone actually believe thats what we will take. There is absloutley no such thing as GMs only taking the BPA, can we all admit no team truely takes BPA and teams do draft for need?!

Seeing as RBs typically have lower value than most other positions I don't see a scenario where it could possibly be BPA in round 1. Later in the draft, you could see a RB as BPA and we could take him (see Barner, Kenjon).

About the same with MLB as RB.

As for DE, no matter what round, I absolutely could see us taking one in any given round. In fact, I fully expect us to come out of this draft with at least one DE.

The more I think about it, the more I can see Ebron sliding. It's unrealistic to expect Gronk/Jimmy Graham type production out of a TE. Those guys are in a truly different category and I don't think anyone can count on getting Gronk/Graham type production out of a TE.

For most other TEs who would still be considered really good, a 60/800/7 state line is about what you should reasonable expect. And if you think about it, those kind of stats aren't worth a top 15 pick when there might be stud DBs, OTs, or WRs still on the board in the top 15. Basically, this is why even really really good TEs like Olsen end up lasting until the end of the 1st.

I don't know if Ebron slides all the way to 28, or even if he  would be the right player for us at that spot, but either way I don't think he's going to go in the top 15 to the Bills or the Giants like a lot of guys have him mocked to.

Archived