• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who's the big slider?

unicar15

We see it every year...not all as high profile as the famous Rodgers drop but they are drops nonetheless.

My prediction is that Ebron drops. Who knows if we pull the trigger but I think he's gonna end up being there if we want him. Who else drops?

Lee is a late 1st or early 2nd talent. he wouldnt have to slide far to fall to us. 

Yeah, probably not the best example based on all the mocks, I just rate him higher than where most have him going. Honestly, its lunacy when you consider the position he was in this time last year. He was up there with Watkins, ahead of Evans.

Ebron. Some bias here, but I think he's either a stud or a bust, not much in between. 

Ebron obviously has the skill set to become a freak TE...but value wise, I'd rather draft a TE in the 4th like the kid from Iowa than spend a 1st on Ebron. 3 TDs in Carolina's explosive offense? I know it's not the end all be all, but ESPN's scouting report on him (for TE specific traits) have his big play and separation skills as exceptional. Again, that's his freak athletic ability. But competitiveness, ball skills (highest drop percentage among all top TE prospects) and his blocking are all rated average to below average.

I just think more than likely, he's going to be a guy who makes 1 or 2 plays a game you're amazed at...and either disappears or drops the ball the rest of the time. 

Yeah, probably not the best example based on all the mocks, I just rate him higher than where most have him going. Honestly, its lunacy when you consider the position he was in this time last year. He was up there with Watkins, ahead of Evans.

wow was he really rated that high?! i was draft ignorant last year. wasnt even paying attention. this is the first year ive gotten into it so forgive me haha.

all the sudden im liking Lee more and more. why do some people keep calling him a bust? i know he got injured but alot of star players get injured and come back to do just as well.

wow was he really rated that high?! i was draft ignorant last year. wasnt even paying attention. this is the first year ive gotten into it so forgive me haha.

all the sudden im liking Lee more and more. why do some people keep calling him a bust? i know he got injured but alot of star players get injured and come back to do just as well.

Yeah, last year people were really down on the receiver class, especially before Tavon became the flavor of the month right before the draft. The consensus was the both Watkins and Lee would go before anyone last year. In fact, Watkins had a down year and Lee had a great one (basically the opposite of this year), so many had Lee as the better prospect. 

Of course, like everything in sports, it's "what have you done for me lately?" so Lee's down year has overshadowed his great one last season. People forget he was 4th in the Heisman voting too. I'm not saying I'd take him higher than Watkins (mainly because of his injury, but the talent is there for him to be the best receiver in the class), but Lee's still a top 3 WR IMO. If you were to just look at their best seasons, Lee - as well as Cooks - have more impressive campaigns on their resume than Watkins.

Ebron. Some bias here, but I think he's either a stud or a bust, not much in between. 

Ebron obviously has the skill set to become a freak TE...but value wise, I'd rather draft a TE in the 4th like the kid from Iowa than spend a 1st on Ebron. 3 TDs in Carolina's explosive offense? I know it's not the end all be all, but ESPN's scouting report on him (for TE specific traits) have his big play and separation skills as exceptional. Again, that's his freak athletic ability. But competitiveness, ball skills (highest drop percentage among all top TE prospects) and his blocking are all rated average to below average.

I just think more than likely, he's going to be a guy who makes 1 or 2 plays a game you're amazed at...and either disappears or drops the ball the rest of the time. 

he just seems to be more of a "between the 20's" guy.  explosive after the catch but still somewhat unproven when fighting for the ball in smaller areas such as the red zone.

Archived