• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shaun King on WFNZ

SCP

Many in the national media say what we are thinking but don't have the bias that many of us do. We lost Jordan Gross and their top 3 WRs. While the Panthers/Gettleman addressed the WR in some capacity many feel this is a step backwards until proven otherwise. Gettleman never really addressed Cam's blindside at tackle and will be worse off at that position this year. King is just being a douche in how he words it since he probably has a bias against the Panthers since he was a. Buc.

I thought he was quite passionate when he mentioned there aren't any elite qb's in the league that aren't getting surrounded by better talent. Gettleman hasn't done that yet for Cam. Until KB this year. No other ELITE QB will have as little talent on offense. He meant what he said there. Sounded mad. Didn't hear any Buc bias there. 

Look at his face on one of the many shots that network tv has on Cam with the towel on his head. He doesn't look happy that much to me. 

You're not seriously citing the towel on the head thing, are you?

He sure looked happy in his presser when he talked about having faith in the coaches and team administration.

It would still be great to get a weapon or two, even.

I think we will be okay as far as weapons go. We signed 3/4 FA WRs and drafted one in first round.

I am more concerned about tackle position then weapons (although I don't think the sky is falling if LT is Chandler or Bell come week 1)

Hell Blake Bortles is starting his career in a better position than Cam is this season in year 4.

Andy Dalton, A Luck, Colin Kap, Russell Wilson, heck Josh McCown have twice the weapons Cam does and it is frankly inexcusable. To simply draft one guy in this draft and say THERE! You should not be mad at me...is just not good enough. If we even got an Abbderis or Bruce Ellington Id feel like the this opinion would be different. Just trying to give Cam more than UDFA guys would be nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

So the difference between DG hating Cam and not giving him enough weapons, and DG loving Cam and building around him is one 5th round WR who certainly wouldn't be better than the high-character veterans we already have on the team?

Also, there is not nearly as big of a difference between some of these young QB's weapons and Cam's as you said. Andrew Luck, maybe, but Andy Dalton? Heck no, hes got AJ Green and a good TE, pretty much the same as what Cam has now.

In a DEEP WR draft class many on here were giving Gettleman the benefit of the doubt that we'd walk away with atleast 2 WR's. Well, the drafts over and he only drafted one.

As for some of the draft picks, i'm not sold on Ealy as a defensive end but I understand the business side to the pick. Would have loved to have drafted Robinson with this pick but ill get over it.

I like the Turner pick, but he's basically admitting he screwed up on the Kugz pick which many of us knew when he made the pick.

As for the Boston, Bene and Gaffney picks, I'm not sure how you can justify taking these guys over WR's. Cotchery and Avant aren't getting any younger and haven't even played a snap for us yet. It's not like Underwood, King and McNutt have proved they belong. There were still WR's on the board during the later rounds with value.

So many of you are quick to jump down the throats of people who don't believe in what Gettleman is doing. The truth is he has failed to give Cam weapons. He was sitting pretty heading into the weekend to find Cam another weapon and failed to do so.

That's only the WR position, we still have a major issue at LT. One could argue that Bortles is in a better situation with Joeckel at LT and Lee, Robinson and Shorts at Wide out.

Archived