• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kawann Shorts visits East Chicago Children

TheRumGone

i thought it was interesting he got his bachelor of science in technology, leadership and innovation and is planning to go back to get his masters at purdue. good to hear he has plans other than football

Hopefully we're done drafting dumb players.

Indiana newspaper:

"Purdue's Kawann Short wasn't about to break a graduation promise to his mother.

his mother wanted to see him graduate, and the last thing he wanted to do was disappoint her. That pretty much ensured he wouldn't give up his senior year to enter the NFL draft.

“She said, 'I can't wait to see you walk across that stage.' I said, 'Anything to make you happy.' That was my No. 1 goal.”

“He kept a promise to his mother and I really admire that about him,” (Purdue coach Danny) Hope said.

(Short said:) “I have to be that guy everybody depends on. I have to set a good example of being that best role model and the best big brother anybody could have. Not let things get to me. Stay out of trouble. Basically, stay humble"

it's just rare for a football player (especially drafted in the first three rounds) to go back to school.

we have 3 on our roster that i know of.

Nice.  I wasn't necessarily talking about degrees, but mainly smart people that will be able to understand the playbook.  Especially later round draft picks that don't quite have the athletic ability compared to the early round guys.  Their ability to learn quit may decide whether or not they land on the final roster. 

Archived