• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ Hairston punched a high school kid tonight?

SCP

Chavis Heights at St. Augustine College here in Raleigh used to be one of the best summer leagues in the country before it either became a NCAA violation or was no longer NCAA sanctioned.

People from all over the country played in it, and at one point, everyone from the Tobacco Road ACC teams, both past and present, played in it.

Plus, we would just play pick up with guys who were either in the NBA or ended up in the NBA, or shoulda been in the NBA, when I was a college recruit, and when I was in college.

Yeah Tee, but that's the thing... that was a legit run. It was a high quality run and NBAers and college guys knew it was the place to play.

This was a Durham Y. PJ shouldnt have been there.

My initial thoughts were in the PJ thread...but just damn dude. Get your ass to Charlotte and don't leave. I was worried about him being drafted in NC, and though all the details aren't out yet, poo like this obviously has to stop.

The report is that the kid threw a punch first which helps a little but still....grow up, PJ. Not too many other players are finding themselves in these situations over and over except for you.

You are blasting PJ for getting into a scuffle at a rec center, yet your profile picture is Steve Smith. PJ punched a dude, who allegedly swung at him first. Steve Smith attacked and punched three of his own teammates over the course of a decade.

I find your hypocrisy amusing.

This is just pick up basketball. Someone pushes you, you push back. Someone shoves you, you shove back. Someone punches you, you knock his ass out with a left. This doesn't concern me at all, unless the other kid didn't actually hit him.

Yeah, if you have peanuts for a brain or are overcompensating for a tiny dick. Grown ups walk away.

I was operating with the espn article as my only context in my initial post, but just went back and saw all the posts mid-thread regarding all of the twitter talk...

Regardless of what happened, let me reiterate.

I'm from Fayetteville and i'm not an NBA player, but I don't even like going back there now... there's just too much going on at any place I would want to go to.

I lived in Chapel Hill for 7 years... while my wife and I each went to school. I spent a lot of time, albeit unwillingly, in Durham. I dont want to go back there... there are some good people few and far between, but it is a desolate place. At least in Fayetteville, I can say the people are cool overall, you just can't let yourself get caught sleeping. In Durham, it's the opposite. There are A LOT more grimy people looking for a come up.

Regardless of what went down and how it went down... PJ, being a native of G'Boro and now a member of the Charlotte Hornets... AGAIN, why the fug are you in Durham???? And if you are, go to Central... not a Y. This kid was looking for his come up and now he's got it at PJ's expense.

All PJ has to do is learn to stay away from places where he's the only one with something to lose. That was why I stopped playing in Durham... also, keep inperspective, MJ was apparently the king of assholes when it came to ball or anything competitive. Ask Steve Kerr. Difference was, all of his incidents occurred where there wasn't some bum ass kid looking to make his name off of it... it was with his peers, so it was swept under the rug. He knew where he could do these things and you wouldnt find MJ playing anywhere that wasn't controlled. PJ needs to realize he shouldnt be either.

It'll be fine, it happens everywhere, everyday in pickup. He just can't put himself in those situations anymore... at least go to a Y in Charlotte, Peej. Stay the fug out of Durham. PERIOD.

Goddamnit. 

If that charge is true, that is going to fuging suck.  

Both guys have something to lose in this situation, why not just agree to let it die.  

Its a fuging pick up game. 

Oh yeah, PJ you are no longer allowed north of Concord in the state of NC.

Assault and Battery charge from Kentrell Barkley. Unserved warrant at the moment. PJ will have to go to the magistrate to set a court date. So that's great

Sent from my HTCONE using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Where did you hear that?

Kids fight over dumb crap...especially in pick up games.   I've been in situations where they drive to the hoop and drop their shoulders looking to commit a hard charge and you stand your ground and they get pissed you didn't let them run over you and start swinging.

PJ Hairston is a scumbag, I've said it from the beginning.  I know the NBA isn't filled with choir boys... so if he can play, I'll be ok with it.  But hopefully everyone now (UNC homers as well) sees that PJ is a low-character guy.  He's a liability and he hasn't even played a game yet.  Jesus.

For me this is a lot like the Josh Gordon recent incident. It's not the action that's so terrible. Altercations during pickup games are pretty common. Getting DUIs on holidays happens (still stupid though). It's the fact that these guys aren't capable of understanding what's at stake and how to carry themselves to avoid being in these kind of situations. They honestly just don't get it. 

Archived