• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ Hairston punched a high school kid tonight?

SCP

Assault and Battery charge from Kentrell Barkley. Unserved warrant at the moment. PJ will have to go to the magistrate to set a court date. So that's great

Sent from my HTCONE using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Barkely pressing charges is likely nothing more than the precuror for him trying to get a payday in a civil action.

Hell....you don't even call fouls in pickup games when you get the poo knocked out of you.  Nevermind pressing criminal charges.

I hope PJ can learn from this and not play in public when he can play at a more secure site. Someone in our organization needs to give this kid a talk or better yet take him under their wing and play the big brother role. It can happen and probably needs to happen so this kid doesn't screw up what he has laid out in front of him.

I hope someone on our team can be a leader and help the kid.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I don't think the rookies have been to rookie camp and through orientation where they layout how are the leeches will come out trying to make money off a player. PJ needs to be the first one in line when they open the doors for that orientation. With the incident so soon after the draft we/he probably haven't had the time to get a mentor and things like that. Sure that will be one of the first things they address when he is in town today. PJ really needs to get his poo together before going out in public.

I hope PJ can learn from this and not play in public when he can play at a more secure site. Someone in our organization needs to give this kid a talk or better yet take him under their wing and play the big brother role. It can happen and probably needs to happen so this kid doesn't screw up what he has laid out in front of him.

I hope someone on our team can be a leader and help the kid.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Well if there's one thing the organization has it's players that can take him under his wing. Fortunately summer league is about to start and while it is Vegas it's about as far away from the state as he can be while he gets acclimated.

If you buy into the idea of the "clean slate" then this is only his first offense and shouldn't warrant anything close to giving up on him. His draft stock and first contract already took a tumble as repercussions for his previous transgressions.

Whole thing sounds like it's being overly exaggerated.

PJ shouldn't be putting his hands on anyone, but this kid is playing the victim a little too well.

Regardless, he should be in Charlotte. Jordan better get his ass in line.

You are blasting PJ for getting into a scuffle at a rec center, yet your profile picture is Steve Smith. PJ punched a dude, who allegedly swung at him first. Steve Smith attacked and punched three of his own teammates over the course of a decade.

I find your hypocrisy amusing.

Did I support Smitty punching people? Of course not. But at least they were teammates, not high school kids. Allegedly, the kid also didn't swing first, so there's no story to fully believe right now. 

Oh yeah, not to mention Smitty hadn't just been essentially kicked out of UNC for continued idiot offenses ranging from benefits/rental cars/speeding tickets/drugs and gun in his car/hanging out with idiot friends/punching a minor now potentially. Not to mention the whole news now that Josh Gordon was driving PJ's car when arrested. PJ clearly has some issues in judgement for his entire life. 

MJ has experience punching teammates...maybe PJ is trying to impress Jordan? 

Hopefully some of the vets on the team take PJ under their wing and get him in line to prevent further crap from him. But if all else fails, we'll always have the meltdown from many on here when the Hornets "passed" on PJ at 24. 

Archived