• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your fan fest observations...

Zod

Few Observations:

Dwayne Jarrett made a unbelievable one handed catch during warm ups!

Thomas Davis was noticeable limping, I wonder if his injury is worse than expected.

Deangelo didn't practice but was walking around with no problem. He was playing around a lot with the guys while they practiced. I don't think his injury is to severe.

Beason was doing agility drills and looked fine. He will probably be back at practice this week.

Duke Robinson didn't impress me, he looked slow and out of shape. Didn't seem to go full speed, looked lazy!

Everette Brown is extremely fast. Stays low and likes to get under the lineman. He needs to work on his spin move. He is Peppers shadow, he was constantly by his side.

post-2799-133194767994_thumb.jpg

Good stuff, thanks.

Hope not on TD. :(

I have big hopes for the Duke. Maybe it's more of a mental thing right now. Learning the new stuff doesn't come easy for all rooks and the more they have to think the harder it is to play. That could make a guy look sluggish.

My four year old daughter was more interested in ice cream and face painting than our depth problems on the front lines, but I tried. Didn't like folks booing Delhomme after an incomplete pass. Come on people! Everyone still loves Kasay and Hoover, Robinson looked quick on his WR routes, and Kenny Moore had a nice catch on the sidelines from Matt Moore, but out of bounds. Moore to Moore. I didn't see any problems with Goodson on KR duty. Davis and Beason were not in pads obviously, but I saw them running shuttle drills in the endzone while offense/defense scrimmage was going on.

Good stuff, thanks.

Hope not on TD. :(

I have big hopes for the Duke. Maybe it's more of a mental thing right now. Learning the new stuff doesn't come easy for all rooks and the more they have to think the harder it is to play. That could make a guy look sluggish.

Duke wasn't giving 100% during warm up drills with the other lineman. Others would hustle back to the line, he wouldn't.

My four year old daughter was more interested in ice cream and face painting than our depth problems on the front lines, but I tried. Didn't like folks booing Delhomme after an incomplete pass. Come on people! Everyone still loves Kasay and Hoover, Robinson looked quick on his WR routes, and Kenny Moore had a nice catch on the sidelines from Matt Moore, but out of bounds. Moore to Moore. I didn't see any problems with Goodson on KR duty. Davis and Beason were not in pads obviously, but I saw them running shuttle drills in the endzone while offense/defense scrimmage was going on.

Wait until he throws his first INT in a real game, or has his first bonehead game.. it's going to be stupidly nasty. A lot of fans aren't going to forget the last game and a decent percentage of them don't/didn't think much of Jake anyhow. In their minds, that performance validated how bad of a QB he is.

I'm not a fan of his, but he doesn't deserve the crap he's about to get this year. The situation would be a lot worse if we had a legitimate talent behind him.

Just my opinion.

I've heard several of the show personalities on Sirius NFL call Jake a top 15 QB. One even put him at 10. He is better than a lot of people think, and those same people need to realize he didn't lose to the Cardinals all by himself.

Panthers wrapped up fan fest at 12:30 - the end.

Last years fan fest was more exciting with D. Williams stealing the show. This year seemed sluggish.

Most notable for me was how our defense lined up. Press coverage with only one safety up top for most of the scrimmage.

Delhomme seems to be on the hot seat with the fans, which I disagree with. He actually got booed off the field after his scrimmage time was up.

Wait until he throws his first INT in a real game, or has his first bonehead game.. it's going to be stupidly nasty. A lot of fans aren't going to forget the last game and a decent percentage of them don't/didn't think much of Jake anyhow. In their minds, that performance validated how bad of a QB he is.

I'm not a fan of his, but he doesn't deserve the crap he's about to get this year. The situation would be a lot worse if we had a legitimate talent behind him.

Just my opinion.

just wait till the preseason..as soon as people get to see hunter cantwells arm..the fans will fall for him..it was just like last year people were saying moore was the future but soon as preseson hit..they said he sucked..

A couple of observations:

1. Williams, Beason and TD were not in pads. Beason was doing quite a bit of rehab work.

2. Hilee Taylor bullrushed Gross right into Delhomme on one play.

3. Everette Brown was matched up against Gross as well, but a couple of nice moves on him.

4. Based on physical size, Brown looks more like an LB than a DE.

5. Charles Johnson was getting good pressure as well.

6. Geoff Schwartz has lost 100 lbs (fat and hair, LOL).

7. It was hot.

8. Julius Peppers was signing tons of autographs, first time I've seen him do that. Got a nice reception when he first appeared on the field.

I'm far from a "polyanna everyone should get a trophy" person but booing players at Fanfest? Seriously? LAME-O.

I would love to go to their jobs when they were in training and boo them if their collar was crooked. Then when they bent down to get their pencil, boo them because their shirt got untucked. Oh and I hate their tie. BOOOOOO.

I know I'm gonna hear I DON'T FEEL SORRY FOR MILLIONAIRES FANS HAVE A RIGHT TO...blah blah. Fine. Has nothing to do with being millionaires. Yes it's part of the deal. And I never said you didn't have the right to boo. It's just about 11 notches past pathetic to do it at a scrimmage or practice. I personally would have a very hard time being nice to and signing autographs for stands full of people who jeered me but NEVERTHELESS expect me to be nice to them. Remember that aspect when you say you don't feel sorry for these millionaires because they have it so easy. It has nothing to do with money. NOTHING.

Delhomme seems to be on the hot seat with the fans, which I disagree with. He actually got booed off the field after his scrimmage time was up.

lame. I guess since he has a few flaws and a bad game playoff game he deserved to be booed at a fanfest? I mean who cares if he is the leader of our offense, has won us some division championships, a couple NFCCG appearances and a Superbowl appearance.....I mean he played like crap against AZ. Glad our great fanbase showed up today.

Jarrett looked pretty good, and as someone said, made a nice one-handed catch that garnered a few oohs and ahs.

Goodson seemed to still the show. He looked pretty impressive returning the ball. I'd give him the edge over Beavers, though Beavers made a couple decent catches himself. He's quick, but I still think Goodson gets that position.

Cantwell did indeed look just a bit better than Moore, though he had his share of passes that were off.

I don't know that there is any way Jamall Lee makes the team. I've been rooting for the guy since we picked him up, but I just don't think he makes it. For that matter, Birmingham didn't impress either.

Fiammetta dropped an easy pass.

Not only did they line Stewart up wide, but they later even lined Jamall Lee up wide. I really think we're going to start seeing more short passes to the backs and letting them work their magic. I'm excited about that.

Brown looked okay, but was indeed getting shoved around a good bit. Taylor was looking very quick in drills. I hope we can keep him. Charles Johnson looked pretty good too, and tipped a ball from Delhomme (of course, no one cheered Johnson, they just booed Delhomme -- I hate our fans, sometimes).

Chris Harris was hitting pretty hard in the limited time he was out there. He had a tough hit on someone, though I can't remember whom (Lee, perhaps?). James Anderson also made a few nice stops and had a "sack".

Captain looks pretty quick and aggressive. Call me crazy, but I could really see him ending up with the nickelback position.

I'll try to post more notes as I remember them.

Archived