• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pats claim RB Tyler Gaffney off waivers

UNCrules2187

That is why they win year in and year out even though I hate them you have to respect that part of their organization.

If you had a high character and high potential role player staring you in the face with no previous injury history, would you grab him and put him away for the future? Hell yeah.

If you had that player in your hands, and looked to your competitors and said, "I really like the kid. Does anyone want him?" Wouldn't that be a really idiotic move?

Gettleman better have a 53 man roster riddled with talent and not a sole on that 53 man roster that is average/expendable. Otherwise, this is a horrible move.

Gettlemagic! It is all an illusion! *poof*

giphy.gif

Actually I doubt they could keep winning after that Tom boy runs out of his tank.

•••Sent from my couch while fuging the Saints•••

Would it have been done with Kelvin Benjamin had he torn a ligament in his knee?

Of course not. But nobody wanted Gaffney until Gman took him in the 6th. Any 6th rounder is a gamble, and I didn't see many people here putting much value on him until the Pats grabbed him. Are you gonna save a roster spot for a low round pick before you even know if you really want him?

Whenever I hear a Huddler say that we wasted a pick when somebody from the 4th round and on doesn't pan out, I can only think that their parents thought the same thing about them when they were born.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

This is a routine move by the FOs around the league. Patriots just did the same exact thing with one of their injured players. I saw a tweet about it somewhere. 

It's just a bit surprising that it happened this early on in the camp. I read that we did this to bring Fozzy in asap.

It's kinda like going double down with 10s in blackjack and then going over on one and hitting 17 on the other. Fozzy being the 17 in this case.

People need to relax. I know it sucks that we lost a pick but Pats pulled of a dirty move. What they did is legal but frowned upon. 

Why can't some people give our GM some slack? 

Belichick probably did us a favor in actuality

Getting IRed twenty minutes into your rookie season is not a good way to start your career, and it's not like the panthers have ever had a shortage of players that get hurt immediately after training camp starts

Archived