• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Great Gaffney Conspiracy Theory

bleys

Wasn't Donald a free agent signing?  It's not like Carolina worked a trade for him, so why would Patsy want to get back at the Panthers when it was them who offered the contract?  DG didn't write the contract up and present to Donald himself or anything...

While the theory is just for fun, as with most good humor it's rooted in truth.

The Patriots did indeed overpay for LaFell and may now be realizing it.

well, to be fair, overpaying for LaFell is just a little payback to Belichick after conning Hurney into believing the Pats were going to draft Armanti Edwards in the 3rd round..  and somehow worth giving up a future 33rd pick in the process..

So the Patriots overpaid for a garbage receiver, and in doing so somehow felt slighted by the team that clearly didn't want to pay him, so they screw us by taking a guy we actually wanted?

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

well, to be fair, overpaying for LaFell is just a little payback to Belichick after conning Hurney into believing the Pats were going to draft Armanti Edwards in the 3rd round..  and somehow worth giving up a future 33rd pick in the process..

I still chuckle remembering they traded up to take Laurence Maroney over DeAngelo Williams.

They saved Hurney from a huge mistake and made one themselves all in one move :lol:

I still chuckle remembering they traded up to take Laurence Maroney over DeAngelo Williams.

They saved Hurney from a huge mistake and made one themselves all in one move :lol:

completely forgot about that..  more ammunition against a few pats clowns I know..

So the Patriots overpaid for a garbage receiver, and in doing so somehow felt slighted by the team that clearly didn't want to pay him, so they screw us by taking a guy we actually wanted?

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

the only story here is LaFell still sucks...  

One of the truths this conspiracy is rooted in is Bill Bellichek makes roster moves to spite other organizations. He's a petty bully that will seek revenge for any perceived offense.

Believable, considering 90% of those moves end in failure...

this is probably closer to the truth IMO

Yeah I would agree.

In regards to Lafell, I meant more in the sense of weakening another team at a position. Problem is the Patriots will find out soon enough just why Lafell got the reputation around here that he had. From the sound of it, they are already seeing it first hand at training camp.

Wasn't Donald a free agent signing?  It's not like Carolina worked a trade for him, so why would Patsy want to get back at the Panthers when it was them who offered the contract?  DG didn't write the contract up and present to Donald himself or anything...

If I read it correctly Belichick tried to "put out a bid" on LaFell, thinking that the Panther's would match it, thereby making the Panthers pay much more than they wanted. We chose not to match it, so Belichick got stuck holding the bag. Not the Panthers fault by any means, but he mad. Oh he mad.

Archived