• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A closer look at Bersin preseason stats

Jeremy Igo

Bersin has earned the 2 spot...besides, moving him to 2 puts Avant and Cotchery in the 3 and 4 spots, where they are better suited.  Neither of those two guys should be facing the #2CB for opposing defenses...they just won't make a difference in that position.  

This isn't an attack on Bersin because I do really like the guy but starting the season with basically 2 rookies as our starting receivers is not in Cam's best interests. KB and Bersin have had a great camp but some things about the position are only learned by playing in games that count against starting NFL caliber defenses. Experience matters.....even if it isn't very valued on this board. I'm all for getting some packages together where Bersin gets in the game and gains that experience but I can't see a former PS player leapfrogging two proven vets who are known for smart play, good routes, and reliable hands.

I remember all the love Byron Bell got here for years because he was a UDFA.  The Huddle always loves to fall in love with guys like this.  Of course, 99.99% of the time it will turn around and bite you in the ass when you realize there is usually a reason a guy was undrafted.  

I remember all the love Byron Bell got here for years because he was a UDFA. The Huddle always loves to fall in love with guys like this. Of course, 99.99% of the time it will turn around and bite you in the ass when you realize there is usually a reason a guy was undrafted.

Yeah like even low round draft picks 99.99% of the time don't pan out...... Not like you'd ever get a star player from 6th round and lower...... /endsarcasm

There are tons of great players that were said to be bad but did great when their number was called. Some guys just need development or a chance and Bersin I think could be one of those kinds of players. Everybody that gets a chance in the NFL are there for a reason and you can't count anyone out of contention.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Jeremy, will KB start this 4th preseason game? I think we've seen enough from him and there's not much point to having him in there with DA or Webb. We should have King and Bersin start with the 1s and see how they do as a test. I don't see any reason whatsoever to not do that. If Cam were playing, I'd rather Cotch, Avant and KB be in, but without him they can't work on their chemistry which IMO is the only thing that is off between them. 

Yeah like even low round draft picks 99.99% of the time don't pan out...... Not like you'd ever get a star player from 6th round and lower...... /endsarcasm

There are tons of great players that were said to be bad but did great when their number was called. Some guys just need development or a chance and Bersin I think could be one of those kinds of players. Everybody that gets a chance in the NFL are there for a reason and you can't count anyone out of contention.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

There's no way I'm giving up on the guy. I think he's got tremendous upside but with KB being #1.... I think we go with a proven player at #2. I'm not sure of the contract length for Avant and Cotchery but I see Bersin making more of a move next season.

Archived