• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

black-ish

Brooklyn Bully

The reviews are all OVER the place. Some black people HATE it some LOVE it. Some white people hate it because they say the title is racist (morons). I thought it was pretty bold to depict a stereotypical "black person that acts 'white'". Even in the episode itself it touched on that with the dad wanting them to "act more black". Boundary pushing for sure.

And in my sterotypical white ways, the joke about grape soda made me laugh the hardest.

The reviews are all OVER the place. Some black people HATE it some LOVE it. Some white people hate it because they say the title is racist (morons). I thought it was pretty bold to depict a stereotypical "black person that acts 'white'". Even in the episode itself it touched on that with the dad wanting them to "act more black". Boundary pushing for sure.

And in my sterotypical white ways, the joke about grape soda made me laugh the hardest.

Can you imagine a show called white-ish about a white person that acts black and his dad wanting him to act more white? No? Then yea there is a double standard here.

I didn't watch the first show this past Wednesday, and still debating if I should watch it at all.  No doubt it's going to be funny with such recognizable actors/actresses, but I don't usually watch shows where a certain group is expected to watch it.  Of course any show that deals with race in particular, will be difficult to pull off satisfactory.

Archived