• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The 3 players Hurney traded up for

JJman

1. Everette Brown, 2009.

Traded 2010 first rounder to San Francisco for their 2009 2nd round pick which was obviously used on Everette Brown. The 49ers used our 1st rounder in 2010 to take Mike Lupati, who's become a pro bowl Guard. Everette Brown was cut after two seasons.

2. Armanti Edwards, 2010

Traded our 2011 2nd rounder (33rd overall) to the Patriots for their 2010 3rd rounder which again, obviously, we used on Armanti Edwards for god knows why. The Patriots took CB Ras-I Dowling with the 2nd round pick. He has battled injuries so far and is no longer with the patriots, but who knows who we would've taken with that pick. Armanti Edwards did literally nothing with us and was eventually cut.

3. Frank Alexander, 2012

Traded a 2013 3rd rounder to the 49ers for their 2012 4th rounder. The 49ers traded our 3rd round pick to Dallas who drafted WR Terrence Williams with the pick. However, Keenan Allen went two picks later to San Diego. Frank Alexander has done very little so far and will miss at least 14 games this season due to TWO drug use violations.

TLDR: Even though some of us have been tough on Gettleman (myself included), at least he's better then the last idiot we had at GM. Not to mention the ridiculous contracts he's given out that kept us from getting any quality lineman this offseason.

Look, I dislike Hurney as much as anyone, but can we stop beating that myth?

He wasnt willing to give up a first for Clausen. That has been said numerous times, even before we knew Clausen would bust.

If anything, make fun of the fact that teams tried to get us to give u a first because Martu was running the show. But stop recycling that non-fact as a HaHa Hurney callback moment.

Archived