• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WOW NFL FILMS. Even they get things wrong about the Panthers.

thunderraiden

Let's be honest here, Jake was basically our version of Matt Schaub. Ironically their careers played out the exact same way too. No need to try to make him out to be more than he was. I don't think anybody here can claim that if they had a do over, they would take Jake as a #1 overall draft pick (which is what you would do with a true franchise QB)

The Jake Hate on this very board was real for years.  I know because I was disgusted by it.

Glad to see the years have given him a break.

Thats because he is gone.  BTW he was never a franchise QB.  He just stuck around 5 years longer than he should have.   

I think the Arizona game destroyed Jake's confidence.

It's the coaches fault. We ran the ball down their throats on the first drive. As we did all year, we were a rushing powerhouse.

Then they forced in passing plays even when we were only down by a TD or two.

We could've won that game if they just ran the Damn ball.

Also, my favorite panther ever is Jake Delhomme. That guy is full of class and he had the heart of a Panther.(fug lions)

I remember that playoff game. I was so sick. I left the bar early because I couldn't stomach it anymore. I just don't get why the coaching staff abandoned the run that game. It made no sense. Our running attack was lethal that year.

I think the Arizona game destroyed Jake's confidence.

It's the coaches fault. We ran the ball down their throats on the first drive. As we did all year, we were a rushing powerhouse.

Then they forced in passing plays even when we were only down by a TD or two.

We could've won that game if they just ran the Damn ball.

Also, my favorite panther ever is Jake Delhomme. That guy is full of class and he had the heart of a Panther.(fug lions)

Man Jake never lacked confidence. I agree with everything you said outside of that. He just started to decline. It happens to all athletes. Jake was the bomb in his prime. He was definitely a franchise quarterback.

Archived