• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WOW NFL FILMS. Even they get things wrong about the Panthers.

thunderraiden

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Carolina_Panthers_season#Week_13:_at_Green_Bay_Packers

http://www.nfl.com/videos/carolina-panthers/0ap3000000411886/Preview-Carolina-Panthers-vs-Green-Bay-Packers

At the end of the video they say "Not only is Rodgers undefeated at home in 2014, he holds an unbeaten record against Carolina"

I immediately spit out my drink as I vividily remembered the game Peppers threw Rodgers 15 yards out of bound and Steve Smith caught a Delhomme bomb in the 4th to get the win. How the hell do mistakes like this happen? The people that put it together couldn't have thought "Hey I bet Rodgers hasn't lost to the Panthers lets throw that blurb in there"

I dunno, it just pisses me off.

Was at that game in Green Bay.

Fun fact about that game. The panthers scoring plays all came on one yard TD runs. Four by dwill and one by jake.

Poor Smitty....

Jake threw 3 post route bombs to Smitty. He got tackled on the one yard line on all 3 of them if I remember correctly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Carolina_Panthers_season#Week_13:_at_Green_Bay_Packers

http://www.nfl.com/videos/carolina-panthers/0ap3000000411886/Preview-Carolina-Panthers-vs-Green-Bay-Packers

At the end of the video they say "Not only is Rodgers undefeated at home in 2014, he holds an unbeaten record against Carolina"

I immediately spit out my drink as I vividily remembered the game Peppers threw Rodgers 15 yards out of bound and Steve Smith caught a Delhomme bomb in the 4th to get the win. How the hell do mistakes like this happen? The people that put it together couldn't have thought "Hey I bet Rodgers hasn't lost to the Panthers lets throw that blurb in there"

I dunno, it just pisses me off.

It's called lazy journalism. Writers/editors not double checking the "facts" that the interns and low level employees hand them. 

It happens.  NFL Films do not follow the Panthers nor the Chargers nor the Broncos nor even the Patriots any more then they follow anyone else.

Besides, if I was a Panther fan I would try to forget that guy as quickly as I can.  Luckily, as a Bills fan I can look back on our last starting QB, Doug Flutie, with fondness.

It happens. NFL Films do not follow the Panthers nor the Chargers nor the Broncos nor even the Patriots any more then they follow anyone else.

Besides, if I was a Panther fan I would try to forget Jake Delhomme as quickly as I can. Luckily, as a Bills fan I can look back on our last starting QB, Doug Flutie, with fondness.

I'll forget about Jake Delhomme when you realize what it means to be a Panthers fan.

Do me a favor and keep Jake's name out of your mouth.

I'll forget about Jake Delhomme when you realize what it means to be a Panthers fan.

Do me a favor and keep Jake's name out of your mouth.

Fixed.

It really is surprising that it has taken almost 20 years for the Panthers to find 1 franchise QB.  That just goes to show that there are not enough QB's for the league.

Why does anyone watch the pre-game, post-game, during the week shows; NFL Today, NFL Tonight, NFL This Morning and whatever the fug else is on when everyone one of them have their own agenda?

A few years back I started keeping track of all the shows I could find with former players on and it was truly fascinating to watch (example) Marino on one network show picking (example) Carolina to beat Green Bay, then he'd show up on another show picking Green Bay to beat Carolina. The problem is, there are so many of these shows on so many different networks, nobody can keep track of them all. 

I turn the TV on at 1:05PM Sunday and go from there.

Fixed.

It really is surprising that it has taken almost 20 years for the Panthers to find 1 franchise QB.  That just goes to show that there are not enough QB's for the league.

I'd argue we've had three franchise quarterbacks. Steve Beuerlein (the best pure passer the team has ever had), Jake Delhomme, and Cam Newton. Our problem was we got rid of Beuerlein too quickly and held on to Jake too long.

Fixed.

Just what is a "franchise QB?" And why wasn't Jake Delhomme considered to be one?

Jake holds 14 franchise records- Cam 6.

Jake has a better winning percentage than Cam.

Jake was only here 7 seasons, Cam is in year 4.

Jake was in the post season 2 of his first 3 years in Carolina, 3 times in 6 years. Cam- 1 time in 3+ seasons.

How and why is Cam Newton a "franchise QB" yet people will laugh if you mention Jake Delhomme in the same vain?

I'm curious to hear, and I'm not being a smart-ass- I simply want to know what people's definition of a "franchise QB" is.

I think the Arizona game destroyed Jake's confidence.

It's the coaches fault. We ran the ball down their throats on the first drive. As we did all year, we were a rushing powerhouse.

Then they forced in passing plays even when we were only down by a TD or two.

We could've won that game if they just ran the Damn ball.

Also, my favorite panther ever is Jake Delhomme. That guy is full of class and he had the heart of a Panther.(fug lions)

Archived