• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Defense should be good enough"?

Jmac

What does this statement by Rivera even mean. Explain it to me because I just don't get it. I would expect "this is unacceptable and this defense is not playing close to expectations" or something to that effect. Well Ron, this defense is not good enough. Hoping for some fire and anger in his post game presser, but not to be. After your defense goes from 2nd to 31st, some emotion would be welcomed.

Should be good enough? With guys like Cason, decould, Harper, and white in the secondary lol. Soft, no intensity, limited skills, and no front 7 pressure to make them look good= mess. And Noam didn't play cause lack of reps.. Could he honestly be any worse than the guys out there.

What it means is that Ron and the rest of the staff are males. Males are stubborn, hard headed, have egos. They thought they had a team at the start of the season and are too stubborn to admit they were wrong. Mario Addison is making plays? Let's use him situationally. Cam and Greg/KB have gone right down the field multiple times this season? Let's keep running it up the gut with garbage RBs and a garbage line. WHY do we do it? Because that's how we said we were going to do it and refuse to admit we suck at planning.

What it means is that Ron and the rest of the staff are males. Males are stubborn, hard headed, have egos. They thought they had a team at the start of the season and are too stubborn to admit they were wrong. Mario Addison is making plays? Let's use him situationally. Cam and Greg/KB have gone right down the field multiple times this season? Let's keep running it up the gut with garbage RBs and a garbage line. WHY do we do it? Because that's how we said we were going to do it and refuse to admit we suck at planning.

Yeah, that's the jist.

Rivera, would rather have the team he thinks he wants. Instead of the team that presents itself on the field.

How many times has he trusted and relied on his defense this year, when they're the weak link of the team??

I think Rivera is stuck in 2013 illusion. Thinking he has the same secondary and personal.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

It was much easier for Rivera last year, when most of his players were on the field, the ball bounced his way, and a 1-3 start placed his job on the line.

Now, when he actually needs to coach again, and he has a multi-year contract, he's back to the same "Clueless Ron act".

Oh well!

Ron has to be able to play the strengh of his players and adust. That is what Bellicheat does. Gameplans change and adjust according to what your guys can do. I am starting to believe Ron needs to go but I am willing to see how this season turns out first. There is a lot of football to be played.

Norman is a young guy with potential, at least he can keep up with the young hungry elite talent that are continuing to burn us every week, same thing for Bene and Boston. WTF does Harper, Decoud, and Cason have to really contribute? These guys were benched on their previous teams because they knew they didnt have it anymore. Rivera and his nut hugging of veterans has urked me since Day 1.

Archived