• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

JUST STATING FACTS

Lilsmitty09

The facts are, the Panthers lost, get over it.  The season isn't over and they can still right the ship.  They played better than last week and lost to the defending Super Bowl champs (despite them not looking so Super this year).

This Thursday's game against the Saints is extremely important.

and 4) I think it's time we realize that as long as JR is here or unless something magical happens, we will probably never be considered elite for a long period of time. I love JR, trust me I do. But the Panthers have always been conservative, and a non aggressive organization/team. We never sign any big names in FA, nor do we take any big chances on the field.

yt2etiqplxlwxkezptjs.jpg

PANTHERS.jpg

It happened. It was a disaster. JR never tried again and that's on him but he tried to wheel and deal and the 2001 season happened.

We need to find coaches that can actually use the talent we have, which at this point I'll admit is minimal. We hare inside the 10 against the defending world champions, you score td's if you want to win.

I like RR, I think there's room for improvement, but he needs to get rid of Shula, yesterday.

We have a QB that had the greatest first 2 seasons ever. What do we do? We give him an overly conservative, moron of an OC, and we start gutting offensive talent that could help him breakthrough and become truly elite. 

Defense is great and all, and I love Luke, but no one can impact a game like an elite QB. Wasn't the entire reason everyone was so psyched about Cam because we thought we landed a sure fire HOFer?

Good coaches design good plays around bad players.

bingo.

a coordinator worthy of the title wouldn't be making the facile decisions mike shula is making week in and week out. i cannot recall a panthers game called worse than this one. it's right there with the jeff davidson bed-shitting of january 2009

It happened. It was a disaster. JR never tried again and that's on him but he tried to wheel and deal and the 2001 season happened.

we did it in 2006 too.  went on a big FA shopping spree, had delhomme and smith coming off pro bowl years, had a top five defense returning from 2005 minus like mcree and witherspoon iirc.

8-8

if anyone isn't fully convinced that shula is a worthless sack of poo of an OC, just go watch some games with the other young QBs. watch the offenses they run.

they are creative

QBs consistently get several easy throws a game

players get the ball in space

there are well-designed hot reads to pick up small but easy yardage. this prevents negative plays, something that destroys several of our drives a game

The facts are, the Panthers lost, get over it.  The season isn't over and they can still right the ship.  They played better than last week and lost to the defending Super Bowl champs (despite them not looking so Super this year).

This Thursday's game against the Saints is extremely important.

Yea they played good against the Lions, but played sorry as crap for the next few games. So what is your point? This is a Jackel and My Hyde D. We never know what is going show up this season. It's been more bad then good this season. So the lose it a big deal and the Saints will love destroying out D Thursday night. We don't do well in front a nation crowd. Just look at the Steelers game from earlier in the season. So stop painting this picture of season as if we are getting better. We can't close out games to save our lives and out D sucks to high heaven. Our offense can't score half the time and not enough put points on the board to even give us a chance to win. Plain and simple this team has way to many problems to fix. It ain't going to happen until the off season.

if anyone isn't fully convinced that shula is a worthless sack of poo of an OC, just go watch some games with the other young QBs. watch the offenses they run.

they are creative

QBs consistently get several easy throws a game

players get the ball in space

there are well-designed hot reads to pick up small but easy yardage. this prevents negative plays, something that destroys several of our drives a game

You mean like running a QB draw on 1st down 20 yards out? It's like Shula sits up there and hopes Cam can make him look good.

Fact is SEA defense has not been great this year. So no he did not play a great defense. He played poorly today and did not do enough to get us the win. Shula is also terrible.

We were up 9-6 doesn't matter how we played, we had the lead. Defense folded at the end like we knew they would. Let Seattle take 4 mins off the clock and score a td.

We were up 9-6 doesn't matter how we played, we had the lead. Defense folded at the end like we knew they would. Let Seattle take 4 mins off the clock and score a td.

Sorry, we can't blame the defense today. They held the opponent to 13 points. SEA has not scored less than 21 all season. When your defense holds your opponents at home to 13 points, you win those games.

Archived