• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettledog's plan

unicar15

If we continue to lose and miss the playoffs then IMO DG does several things:

1. Shula is gone. He'll bring in a different coordinator to see if Cam is able to succeed in a different system that he decides will benefit Cam and test him at the same time. If cam flourishes as would be the hope...Cam stays and gets a big deal.

2. He'll draft a QB early in case Cam bolts (assuming no new contract before the draft...which is the expectation). This will also put pressure on Cam to step up and be a winner as well as allow whoever he drafts to learn from the new OC who will have an offense DG approves of.

3. Draft weapons and bring in talented OL for Cam. This roster sucks. Outside of a talented TE, WR and center the offense is garbage.

Bottom line is that he's going to give Cam every chance to earn that cash but at the end of the day it's going to fall on Cam bc the guys holding him back (Shula, sucky OL) will be gone long before any contract talk is made.

1. Shula is gone. He'll bring in a different coordinator to see if Cam is able to succeed in a different system that he decides will benefit Cam and test him at the same time. If cam flourishes as would be the hope...Cam stays and gets a big deal.

2. He'll draft a QB early in case Cam bolts (assuming no new contract before the draft...which is the expectation). This will also put pressure on Cam to step up and be a winner as well as allow whoever he drafts to learn from the new OC who will have an offense DG approves of.

3. Draft weapons and bring in talented OL for Cam. This roster sucks. Outside of a talented TE, WR and center the offense is garbage.

Bottom line is that he's going to give Cam every chance to earn that cash but at the end of the day it's going to fall on Cam bc the guys holding him back (Shula, sucky OL) will be gone long before any contract talk is made.

oh so he is going to go in another direction this time.

We picked up Cam's 5th year option.

Franchise tag.

I would never franchise my QB. After 5 seasons you should know what you have. Either offer him a contract or let him go. I, personally don't want to get into Jay Cutler territory where we are paying a guy a huge paycheck with no real shot at winning. There are just team out there that have built their team with expensive QBs and you know they aren't winning anything of substance in part bc of their QB..Bears, Lions, Falcons, Chiefs. They all have QBs with huge contracts and virtually nothing to show for it.

Not saying Cam is in this territory but if after 5 years you still aren't confident enough to lock him up would indicate he'd be heading there.

I would never franchise my QB. After 5 seasons you should know what you have. Either offer him a contract or let him go. I, personally don't want to get into Jay Cutler territory where we are paying a guy a huge paycheck with no real shot at winning. There are just team out there that have built their team with expensive QBs and you know they aren't winning anything of substance in part bc of their QB..Bears, Lions, Falcons, Chiefs. They all have QBs with huge contracts and virtually nothing to show for it.

Peyton didn't win a playoff game until his 6th season.

Every decision Gettleman makes between now and his firing needs to be with the intentions of Cam Newton succeeding. If we have to replace Cam, Gettleman will be gone anyways. 

Fire coaches, cut players, but we do not need to waste a draft pick trying to replace our franchise QB. Get guards and tackles instead.

Every decision Gettleman makes between now and his firing needs to be with the intentions of Cam Newton succeeding. If we have to replace Cam, Gettleman will be gone anyways.

Fire coaches, cut players, but we do not need to waste a draft pick trying to replace our franchise QB. Get guards and tackles instead.

This is the plan. It'll all happen in the next 1.5 seasons. Coaches will be canned, guys will be replaced all in an effort to continue to evaluate cam before the contract.

I don't think Cam is the issue. I think play calling is the issue. Considering we ran exactly one play into the endzone with our 6'5" receiver during 3 redzone trips. Playcalling was much more of the problem.

Archived