• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tavaris Jackson?

RSXNova

No, I didn't forget that. But I do remember him coming back in and throwing 8 TD's with 1 pick in his last 4 games while also rushing for 76 yards against Atlanta. Nobody's saying this guy should replace Jake, but it's obvious he'd be an upgrade to the backup position.

Irregardless of whether or not we can stop the run, we're not going to win any super bowls with our QB situation as it is. We either need Jake to get more consistent, which may happen with the new QB coach, or upgrade the position. We don't know if we'll find a decent DT, though we're hoping we will. We have an opportunity to get a QB who is as good as we have now, and has potential to be a whole lot better. He also comes in cheap at under $600K. Looks like a win-win to me. Worst case scenario is that he's Jake 2.0 with a tan.

I think Jackson has shown plenty to be worth a 7th. If you think about he has shown he can start and play at least above average where when you get a QB in the 7th of a draft he most likely wont even make the team. Ppl tend to value there 7's a bit too much. Its not long from there to when they become UDFA's. I say try to unload one of our bubble players and a 7th for this guy. At worst he brings us fans something to be excited about in what seems like an otherwise completely non-existent off-season.

Tarvaris Jackson record as a starter=10-9

Josh McCown record as a starter=12-19

Matt Moore record as a starter=2-1

well sure i mean if you follow that logic we should trade for Rex Grossman

FTR I do think he's better than McCown and i would sign him as a FA to drop Joshie but not because of W/L record, that is stupid. Teams win/lose games, not QBs.

Archived