• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets vs Knicks Game thread.

TheMaulClaw

This team sucks and is not fun to watch right now. Worst part of all was allowing Carmelo fukking Anthony to make a defensive play that turned the game. I mean Jesus Christ.

You know that idea that Melo is a horrible defender is a myth right? Not saying he's lock down but he's not like Steph Curry bad on D

so far kemba 1-2 on sending games to OT . 

Yeah.  And let's recall that it was also a bad shot by Kemba that sent the Hornets into OT.  Made the shot, but bad shot selection.  

I can't believe that Cliff just let's everything shut down with Kemba at game end.  

Our esteemed PG had 1 fuging assist tonight.  1!  He doesn't pass the damn ball.  He certainly wasn't going to pass it at game end.  

Seriously you guys, you can't force feed the post with 10 seconds left. You have to rely on your guards. People make the mistake of thinking that lost us the game. No, the game was lost by not executing all night. You can't rely on executing a high pressure play with mess than a minute consistently.

There was 10 seconds left. No guarantee Al gets position. Lance would've done the same thing, step back jumper.

bull drive to the basket and play for the foul. At 5'10 kemba doesn't have that option. It's a bad play concept. In transition I.e. that pull up three game one it's great to let kemba shoot but with the clock running down you need a bigger guy

bullshit

So those two consecutive turnovers on key possessions that ended up giving them the lead and momentum didn't cost us?

That was exactly why we got down... he slipped and was looking for a foul, then next possession he drove, had a shot, passed it up, and tried to force a pass into Al under the basket between three guys.

Seriously you guys, you can't force feed the post with 10 seconds left. You have to rely on your guards. People make the mistake of thinking that lost us the game. No, the game was lost by not executing all night. You can't rely on executing a high pressure play with mess than a minute consistently.

I agree you can't force feed, but with that much time left there needs to be at least a pass or two.  We're not going to win these close games if we make it very easy for the D to telegraph what's going to happen i.e  Kemba just dribble and create.

It would nice to put Hairston on the floor in that situation too, just to spread out the D.

He got a damn good look at the basket.

Who was open?

horrible play design. Lance was open, Neal was open in the corner. Hell Al had a better shot. Kemba needs to learn that other guys on this team are capable of hitting big shots too.This isin't college or High school where he was the man the whole time.

So those two consecutive turnovers on key possessions that ended up giving them the lead and momentum didn't cost us?

That was exactly why we got down... he slipped and was looking for a foul, then next possession he drove, had a shot, passed it up, and tried to force a pass into Al under the basket between three guys.

Nope that's not why we lost. We lost because of Williams poor defense vs Melo and the fact that he couldn't get the ball in. Lance played a hell of a game. 

Archived