• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

1st take destroys the Panthers FO, "Panthers Sold Cam Newton Out"

We started out 1-3 last year. It wasn't until there were rumors of his job being in jeopardy that he made a real change.

I think most people want very much for Rivera to succeed here, they don't want to start over again, I'm one of them. But I'm not going to lie to myself. He hasn't improved. We're still witnessing the same poor gameplanning, lack of adjustments, and inadequate in game management.

If you are talking about going for it on 4th down then you are right but he did most everything else the same.

When you actually know the gameplan and what we are calling on each down then you might be able to comment on in game mangement and gameplanning but honestly you have no clue but what happens on the field.  What I see is a bunch of players who are not talented and make frequent mistakes. I don't know what changes are made or are proposed at halftime.  Do you?  So really how can you comment on anything but what happened not what was supposed to happen. I see plenty of poor play but don't assume that it was intentional or planned.

Sit Cam.  Play DA.

Draft 2 Offensive Linemen early.  Try and get a value WR in the mid rounds, like Justin Hardy.

Sign a guy like Dwayne Harris in Free Agency... he'll be cheap, and he's a productive slot WR and KR/PR.

Keep Hardy.  Fug the media/national perception.  Fug them hard.

I can see the obvious Pirate influence.  Truth is that every year I wish we would pick up a playmaker or two from them but we never do.  Hardy would be a great pickup as a receiver and a kickoff returner.

I never truly believed Cam could ever leave the Panthers, however I'm beginning to think it might actually happen. If anything he looks pissed. Take for instance the hell mary throw he did before the end of the 1st half. To me it looked like he just said "F it" and threw it up not giving a rats ass about what happened. If they don't fix the o-line in the offseason, poo will hit the fan.

If you are talking about going for it on 4th down then you are right but he did most everything else the same.

When you actually know the gameplan and what we are calling on each down then you might be able to comment on in game mangement and gameplanning but honestly you have no clue but what happens on the field.  What I see is a bunch of players who are not talented and make frequent mistakes. I don't know what changes are made or are proposed at halftime.  Do you?  So really how can you comment on anything but what happened not what was supposed to happen. I see plenty of poor play but don't assume that it was intentional or planned.

You don't need to know our gameplan to see that it clearly isn't working when we are repeatedly getting blown out by opponents who actually not only came to play, but developed a gameplan to exploit our weaknesses with which we clearly have no answers or adjustments.

It's not all coaching, but it damn sure isn't all on the players. The players execute the gameplan, and if it isn't working, everything fails.

I can see the obvious Pirate influence.  Truth is that every year I wish we would pick up a playmaker or two from them but we never do.  Hardy would be a great pickup as a receiver and a kickoff returner.

Haha, yes some Pirate influence, but you can interchange any other name with Hardy or Harris.  It's just that ECU draftees end up being good.  Consistently.

A guy like Dwayne would be a great pickup.  He'd be cheap, and is a proven NFL player.

Hardy will be a middle round WR, and is a HELL of a WR.

You don't need to know our gameplan to see that it clearly isn't working when we are repeatedly getting blown out by opponents who actually not only came to play, but developed a gameplan to exploit our weaknesses with which we clearly have no answers or adjustments.

It's not all coaching, but it damn sure isn't all on the players. The players execute the gameplan, and if it isn't working, everything fails.

I think mist of it actually is on the players.  They don't play together, there is virtually no chemistry and they make stupid mistakes all the time.  I agree we are playing poorly but don't think that coaching is the biggest part or that getting rid of Shula will give us better results.  In fact given how Shula has really developed Cam there is a real possibility he could regress with another OC.  Unless he is in a quarterback friendly system..

actually from what I heard out of the Rivera and DG next week it was the NFL that said to bench Hardy

Agree to disagree on that.  They had their chance to stand up for him and to explain the rules of NC law.  Probably took Jeremy two phone calls to get a lawyer on his podcast.  Jerry Ron and co couldn't get someone to stand up to Goodell?

They sold him out.  

Granted he didn't do himself any favors but this organization turned it's back on Hardy for fear of media backlash.

For 8 out of 6 years the Steelers won the superbowls we had talk about Terry Bradshaw the same way back in the 70's......I'm not comparing the two at all but comparing the fans...........hot /cold hot /cold............its hard to remain objective with the rollercoaster that goes on in the NFL especially in today's climate.......

I say get rid of all the high dollar players and build the best O-line in the history of the game and then fill skill positions with draft picks that are reasonably good and you can go a lot further..............

Yep.  Gettleman made clear they had no intention of suspending him and Rivera abruptly left the presser, quite obviously pissed off.

The NFL needed him out of the spotlight to stop the flow of bad press they were getting.

Yea but our owner could have said no. It was Goodell that screwed up, giving Rice a ridiculous easy suspension. Just the way the world works though. The good people get punished the most while the bad keep moving.

Archived