• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Serious question: what would it take for you to want to get rid of Cam?

Ruff

Whether by trade, release, not extending his contract, etc, what would make you decide that it's time to move on from Cam? Finishing the season the way he's playing now? Next year being the same as this?

Me? It would take a team giving up a massive haul in a trade, almost RG3-trade like.

Same.

The Cam fan in me wants him to leave and go to a team that supports him. He deserves a fair shot at success in this league. He'll never get it here with this piss poor FO.

The Panthers fan in me wants him to stay and have the FO dedicate this offseason to finally addressing these offensive needs. But it hasn't happened in 4 years I doubt anything changes.

Overall, I think this team is such a disaster and we're almost at the point where we need to start over. If you could guarantee me a haul of Mariota, Cooper and Collins all in the first I may actually listen. Say Cleveland gave us both their 1st round picks and then a future 1st and a 3rd as well.

I know Cam doesn't have an OL and supporting cast but the fact he's not been an accurate passer, along with poor decision making,plus  his running, may shorten his career, could mean his trade value to another team would not be as high as some of us think.Even considering all the negative things that.s happening to this team, Cam should be showing improvement in his basic skill sets but actually he seems to have taken a few steps backwards .All of these things are very negative factors when another team would think about trading for him.

Same.

The Cam fan in me wants him to leave and go to a team that supports him. He deserves a fair shot at success in this league. He'll never get it here with this piss poor FO.

The Panthers fan in me wants him to stay and have the FO dedicate this offseason to finally addressing these offensive needs. But it hasn't happened in 4 years I doubt anything changes.

Overall, I think this team is such a disaster and we're almost at the point where we need to start over. If you could guarantee me a haul of Mariota, Cooper and Collins all in the first I may actually listen. Say Cleveland gave us both their 1st round picks and then a future 1st and a 3rd as well.

Why would Cleveland give up anything?  Leading their division

Why would Cleveland give up anything? Leading their division

We were leading the division last year and were far from good. Teams should always be looking to improve and Cam would be an improvement over Hoyer regardless of whatever the numbers say.

OP asked what it would take and it'd take atleast two 1st round picks this year for me to listen

Realistic? Hell no, but it doesn't have to be

We were leading the division last year and were far from good. Teams should always be looking to improve and Cam would be an improvement over Hoyer regardless of whatever the numbers say.

OP asked what it would take and it'd take atleast two 1st round picks this year for me to listen

Realistic? Hell no, but it doesn't have to be

Of the 10 teams picking in front of us currently, the Jets are the only ones that make sense, at least to me.

Geno is done and Vick is old.  NYC would welcome CAM and he would probably not balk.

I know Cam doesn't have an OL and supporting cast but the fact he's not been an accurate passer, along with poor decision making,plus his running, may shorten his career, could mean his trade value to another team would not be as high as some of us think.Even considering all the negative things that.s happening to this team, Cam should be showing improvement in his basic skill sets but actually he seems to have taken a few steps backwards .All of these things are very negative factors when another team would think about trading for him.

He's hurt. This certainly compounds the aforementioned problems.

I have said many times I wouldn't trade Cam for anyone in the history of football and still wouldn't. The only for sure names in this organization over the next decade+ are Newton and Kuechly. There will be dozens of moving parts to include coordinators and personnel. While JR's shield over team actions have sickened me to my core, a healthy Cam with additional pieces and we have a new lease on life. We can still have the greatest dynasty of the salary cap era in a down and decaying division. Remember the average age of Super Bowl winning QBs is 30.

Archived