• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers officials insist Cam Newton's MNF problems totally mental

Darth Biscuit

I really don't get what is going on with this organization. I love this team and will never cheer for anyone else but they are hanging this kid out to dry. He is our franchise QB and I honestly believe we are not handling him properly. You didn't build around him, you let him take all the blame and you "leak" stuff out about him. It took us how many years to find a player like him? Now we have him, we are taking him for granted. Watching Monday night was just painful. Damn that, watching this whole season has been painful.

Some people may approve of players throwing in the towel, and I'm not saying it's true, but if it is then I say fug the players.  You're going to make millions of dollars and half ass it out there?  Unacceptable in any line of work and insulting to the millions of people who work hard every day to be entertained on Sundays by millionaires.  

Again, not saying that players are intentionally tanking, but if I were among the people who believed this I would be furious.

It almost sounds like there's a war between the players and the coaches.  The coaches finished losing the locker room after Monday, and now I doubt we're going to win another game for the rest of the season.  

Honestly, I think Ron started losing the players after he blamed KB for the loss to Seattle.  Every week since then he blames another player for yet another loss.  I wouldn't blame the players if they stopped caring after that.

This. 

Many are pointing to the 4th and 1 situation in the Cincy game as the turning point. I think I agree with that.

The media controls this franchise - Hardy is the worst felon to walk the planet so said the media, therefore he is shunned and hidden away from any affiliation with the team. Cam is a bi-polar, mentally unstable, immature towel-wearing baby, so says the media, so lets get him to a shrink and decide if he's really worth that contract - his career numbers thus far be damned.

That said, anyone following this team this year should be loading up on the anti-depressants.

I got mine but my hatred for this FO and staff my end driving me elsewhere.

These are nothing but rats jumping off a sinking ship. Guys who know they are on the way out pitching a last desperate effort to deflect blame elsewhere. It's evident to literally anyone watching him play that he isn't in full health. He's getting run down by DL lol. He's being battered time and time again and somewhere within the organization are relics of years passed who campaigned for good hearted crap stars like Byron bell and are now trying to explain away their failures. These team has needed a staffing overhaul for a while now, and it's time to do it. I hope this guy is exposed and I hope he's purged along with most everyone else.

It's time to eliminate the stench of the old days of Panthers football, where losing was acceptable as long as we did it with good ole boys. Cam has said it before: There is a division in this franchise between new blood which wants to win at all costs and those who are more concerned with appearances and other meaningless things a team should be prioritizing behind winning. If that old blood isn't eliminated quick, it's going to seep in and wreak havoc on that new blood, burdening this team with another decade of a core group of players that is so accustomed to losing that they are content with it.

Archived