• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers - Falcons Gameday Thread

Jeremy Igo

I agree with you on that fact.

But, the offense and Cam have to find a way to be more consistent. Needing end of game heroics like today won't result in a winning record. You will lose as many of those late game heroics as you will win.

Cam was fantastic in the 4th. He just needs to find that place more often than he is right now.

Every offensive player on this team needed a step up Cam included. But he didn't quit and neither did the team. I can't say the same for this coaching staff.

Every coach would run the ball three times in that scenario....we were well within gano's range. Gano had plenty of leg on that kick...he just drew the ball a little too much.

Dropping back to pass at that point could have easily led to a sack (taking you out of FG range) or an int (which ends the game). No coach would throw in that situation.

Just because idiots like you can't understand or comprehend that does not make it any less true.

Nope and just last game the Eagles showed us that not every coach runs the ball three times in that(or a similar) scenario.

I've seen the Broncos and Patriots pass in that situation and if we are going to run it they could have at least centered it. Either way Rivera still shows he has no idea what to do in those situations.

I  would have at least feigned a pass and tried at least one draw, screen, or other similar safe type of pass. Rivera said in the presser that he was merely trying to make them use their TOs so he clearly didn't care about gaining yardage.

Even if the incorrect blanket statement that all coaches would run the ball 3 times was true, it doesn't mean they would have just herped the ball up the middle and lose yardage...there are good coaches in the NFL we just don't have one of them.

Every offensive player on this team needed a step up Cam included. But he didn't quit and neither did the team. I can't say the same for this coaching staff.

I don't think the coaching is as bad as you and many in here. But, that being said, I do think it is avg at best. And for that, I am 100% in support of the team making a change.

Play calling is meh and it does appear that they are starting to lose the team.

I still think player execution is as much a problem...but a coaching change is warranted.

That (centering it) I completely agree.

But, I still don't think any coach in the nfl would try to pass in that scenario...especially with our weak OL.

If Rivera called a pass play there and Cam took a sack, most in here would be calling for his head for calling a pass play.

The calls were right (except for centering it). Gano is money at that range and had plenty if leg. He just pulled it.

Disagree on the calls.

I understand the risks of passing, but I still would have supported making that call.

Should have taken more time off the clock too, but we already know about Rivera's clock management.

Disagree on the calls.

I understand the risks of passing, but I still would have supported making that call.

Should have taken more time off the clock too, but we already know about Rivera's clock management.

So, if Rivera called a pass there and we took a sack, what % of posters on here would be calling for his head for being so stupid as to try and pass when we were in FG range, I would put the over/under at 95%

So, if Rivera called a pass there and we took a sack, what % of posters on here would be calling for his head for being so stupid as to try and pass when we were in FG range, I would put the over/under at 95%

No, most would be yelling at Cam for taking the sack and not getting rid of the ball, with a few complaining about Ron's call.  

Are you kidding me? No one here would be blaming Cam...nothing is ever his fault.

Selective vision that you obviously have.  Cam gets blamed plenty around here.  We are split in half, just like our nation.  That being said, there would be no excuse if Cam would have dropped back on the 3rd and 5 and took a sack, other than one of his linemen getting running over by a mac truck like we saw repeatedly last week.  The QB must know the situation and throw it away.  We should have been more aggressive on the last 3 play calls before the failed fg attempt.  This falls on our horrible head coach and OC.  

Are you kidding me? No one here would be blaming Cam...nothing is ever his fault.

LOL that's true too but people already call for Rons head and rightfully so.

I think you just do more creative plays and there would be no real chance of a sack if you did a screen/smoke screen or 3 step drop on a slant.

Don't think anyone is saying to take a 7 step drop and sling it around on all 3 plays...I know it's been a long time since we've had a good OC but you can watch other games for inspiration there are good formations/play calls to be done we just rarely get to see them here in Panther land.

Cam sucked complete ass for over three quarters...and the usual fanboys blame a loss on everyone else.

We only needed 4th quarter heroics because of his shitty play .

Yeah, but his 4th quarter play GAVE US THE LEAD IN THE GAME.

So convenient that a long-time Cam hater like you left that out.

Selective vision that you obviously have. Cam gets blamed plenty around here. We are split in half, just like our nation. That being said, there would be no excuse if Cam would have dropped back on the 3rd and 5 and took a sack, other than one of his linemen getting running over by a mac truck like we saw repeatedly last week. The QB must know the situation and throw it away. We should have been more aggressive on the last 3 play calls before the failed fg attempt. This falls on our horrible head coach and OC.

Cam gets blame from about 5% of posters on here... The other 95% spend their entire existence defending everything about him and his play.

Did you not see the multiple plays in the 2nd quarter where cam ran around in the backfield only to take a sack rather than throw it away? Cam has a habit of holding the ball too long and taking a sack. No way I risk being pushed out if FG range on 3rd Dow.

Archived