• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Could Have a Top 5 Pick in the Draft

chknwing

Put us ahead of a QB needy team or two, and maybe we'll have a legit shot to trade back for once. Wouldn't mind dropping to the 9-13 range while picking up a 2nd this year.

Either way, just find an OT.

Would rather just draft the #1 OT prospect. Don't get cute and/or stupid and try over complicating things. Don't be greedy. Grab a franchise LT. and move on.

I wish the Raiders could find a way to win three games, but most likely they will end up with the number one overall pick.  I'll be rooting for them here on out so we can get that pick.  If we got it, I would consider trading Cam and drafting Mariota.

Would rather just draft the #1 OT prospect. Don't get cute and/or stupid and try over complicating things. Don't be greedy. Grab a franchise LT. and move on.

Agree, we already gambled on Cam's health and lost. Fug getting cute, do all you can to protect the man.

if we pick 1-3, everything goes out the window.  if im gettleman i see a fug ton of options.  

could clean house totally top to bottom, even the qb.

could trade back and double dip in the 1st to get your current franchise qb some mf help on the line.

could pick a sure fire blue chip weapon to pair up with kb and cam.

if i'm gettleman i could see benching cam, cleaning out the coaching staff, tanking the season and positioning this team for a quick turnaround next yr.  every yr that passes is another yr closer to us erasing the memory of hurney.  

Problem is, the #1 OT prospect is no longer a safe pick. Early OTs recently have turned out terrible.

Problem is, the #1 OT prospect is no longer a safe pick. Early OTs recently have turned out terrible.

Then we're due to break the trend (which by the way may not be as bad as it appears at first glance if you break them all down). I have banged the drum of your point for months, but the switch in my inner soul flipped yesterday. Again 19 of 32 teams started a first round LT on opening day. Teams do this for a reason. A chance must be taken ASAP. Even "terrible" is still an upgrade. No sane reason why the best OT prospect in the draft can't be serviceable for us.

I think we win one maybe 2 more games, i jus dont think we lose out with the competition left on the schedule

The mock I posted earlier today had us at 8, where we currently have a 1.5 game cushion. At 8, we had our choice of ALL OTs AND Cooper.

Archived