• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"The Interview" cancelled

Doc Holiday

That movie should have never been made. How anyone could think it's okay to make a movie about murdering the leader of another nation while that leader is in power is beyond me. The fact that North Korea is hostile to us is irrelevant. More than anything it's unnecessary. 

We were fine before the movie was made. It helped no one and it makes us look like idiots to the rest of the world.

I'm sure some of you are super offended because in murica we have freedom of speech. Is that what we stand for? Is this what we are defending? For the rights to make B movies starring Seth Rogen? 

It's like picking on the kid that you know can't deal with it. Then everyone acts surprised when he snaps.

So the non-fiction movies made about the mission to kill Bin Laden, Lone Survivor, American Sniper... you know, the killings that really happened? Those are okay but a fictional movie isn't? Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Seth Rogen fan and there's very little chance I would have watched the movie regardless, but the amount of indignation being shown over a fugging movie relative to some of the more important issues facing this nation is ridiculous.

People will get pissy over a stupid movie, but nobody seems to care at all that former Vice President Dick Cheney still swears torture is a good and right thing while Senator John McCain, he's the guy who spent time in the Hanoi Hilton and was tortured and likely knows more about it than anyone alive today, is condemning it. Why doesn't that get people upset as much as a fugging movie?

"We were fine before the movie was made?" Perhaps in your opinion, but from my seat this country is far from okay. We already look like bullying idiots to a lot of the world and I'd agree a stupid movie isn't going to change that one way or the other. I agree with what you're saying Kendrick, just for different reasons.

That movie should have never been made. How anyone could think it's okay to make a movie about murdering the leader of another nation while that leader is in power is beyond me. The fact that North Korea is hostile to us is irrelevant. More than anything it's unnecessary.

We were fine before the movie was made. It helped no one and it makes us look like idiots to the rest of the world.

I'm sure some of you are super offended because in murica we have freedom of speech. Is that what we stand for? Is this what we are defending? For the rights to make B movies starring Seth Rogen?

It's like picking on the kid that you know can't deal with it. Then everyone acts surprised when he snaps.

I agree with you but this isn't the first time Hollywood has taken a shot at one of the US's enemies

ZySRvho.gif

At least the Dallas Alamo Drafthouse has some balls or at the very least great viral marketing. They are going to show Team America instead. And will giving out American Flags and cap guns. America! fug Yeah!!!!

http://drafthouse.com/movies/quote-alongs_team_america/dfw

Sure, you can celebrate your independence the usual way: slow sipping a beer as you stand over a grill while people you have only mild contempt for wait inside for their free meal. OR you can join The Action Pack as we celebrate the GREATEST MOVIE MADE ABOUT AMERICAN PATRIOTISM EVER and celebrate its 10th anniversary!

The world is different in 2014 than it was in 2004. Kim Jong Il is gone. I don't know if Michael Moore is still around or not. But a lot of the brilliance in TEAM AMERICA is timeless. Acting is still the greatest gift any human being can possess, and it's the only way to save America from the terrorists. Puppet f***cking  is still awesome. And Matt Damon is still Matt Damon.

So celebrate your indendence this year with the Action Pack. We'll have subtitles for all the songs and all of our favorite quotes, so you'll have plenty of opportunities to scream out "AMERICA! fug YEAH!" at the top of your lungs. And yeah, we will have American flags, red white and blue streamers, balloons, and more for everyone. And THAT is how true American heroes will be celebrating this year, but if you want to let the terrorists win...well, that's your prerogative.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/12/18/texas-theater-refuses-to-let-terrorist-hackers-win-so-itll-give-out-free-toy-guns-and-screen-team-america/

One Dallas-area movie theater refuses to take the fallout from Sony’s epic data breach sitting down. In true Texas form, it’s dialed up the patriotism to 15 and announced plans to host a screening of “Team America: World Police” instead of the embattled assassination comedy “The Interview” next week.

“With cap guns for everyone … for free,” said James Wallace, who programs the Dallas/Ft. Worth Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, according to the Dallas Morning News. “Because you can’t spell freedom without free.”

Or, isn’t it “Freedom isn’t free?” Either way, free is almost always a good thing.

Wallace and his theater plan to make the Dec. 27 screening a celebration of America and its greatness — complete with guns, American flags, red white and blue streamers, balloons, and outbursts of “America! F*** yeah!”

Archived