• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looking at Arizona

MurkN

With the playoff game coming up, I started looking at some of the stats from Arizona this season. Seems like the general consensus is that despite starting a random quarterback off the street, we should be concerned about their defense.

Arizona has the 24th ranked defense this year, and although stats don't mean anything once the playoffs start, consider the teams we have beaten/tied this year in similar ranking.

4iRUOiI.png

Also, another thing to note, is that they are one of the most penalized teams in the league on defense. They have had 130 penalties on defense for the year and 1,192 worth of yards coming from those penalties.

tqCqbWG.png

I would expect us to try and exploit their overaggressive nature by using the hard count more and tossing up a few deep balls (hopefully not on 3rd and 1).

Their defense has given up yards, but they're top 5 in PTS allowed per game. We struggle in the redzone and they excel in the redzone. Not sure if FGs will win us this game or not, but that's why we're worried about their D.

Their defense has given up yards, but they're top 5 in PTS allowed per game. We struggle in the redzone and they excel in the redzone. Not sure if FGs will win us this game or not, but that's why we're worried about their D.

Honestly I'm more worried about special teams. Anytime we line up to punt or kick a field goal, or even during kickoffs, I get a little nervous. I think their D can cause a few problems for us, but if we play mistake free football, I think our improved D matches up better against their offense.

Honestly I'm more worried about special teams. Anytime we line up to punt or kick a field goal, or even during kickoffs, I get a little nervous. I think their D can cause a few problems for us, but if we play mistake free football, I think our improved D matches up better against their offense.

I think both defenses matchup to cause big issues....

So that means ST and field position easily could win the game. We won't win that type game

I believe this is a game that FG's can win...........every point is going to matter in this one.

As long as we stay patient and handle their blitzes our offense should have its chances to score points. Hopefully we can give them long fields and limit the big plays so their offense sputters and gives us some short fields to work with. We just have to limit the turnovers and be sound in all phases. We don't have to be perfect to win, we just can't give them easy points like we did with a team like Minnesota earlier this year. First to 20 wins.

So that means ST and field position easily could win the game. We won't win that type game

Yes we will. That's the type of game this team is built to win. Games we can't win are shoot outs and high scoring affairs. Low scoring defensive games we have a better shot at.

Field position is Shula's specialty. If the game outcome hinges on who controls the clock and has the ball more, we are in good shape.

The reason why Zona's D hasnt been great is because their QB and the offense doesnt give then enough time to rest on the bench, Lindley is just not a good QB whatsoever, they have no running game, bad juju be damned im calling it, we win this one handily. This is a completely different game than San Fran, San Fran was a battle tested team with multiple playoff and champinship game appearnces and a TON of playoff experience with a HC whose middle name is prepared.

This will be the Cardinals first playoff run with this coaching staff and players, we will be the more experienced team this go around and win handily.

That Cleveland game isnt a good example because Hoyer is a much better QB than Manziel, Manziel doesnt get hurt, we blowout the Browns no doubt, plus we werent prepared for Hoyer at all. Well believe it or not. Lindley might be worse than Manziel, infact Lindley might just be worse than T3bow. He is very very bad

As crazy as it sounds, this might be one of those rare games where you look more forward when they have the ball then us, this is a game you can honestly say our D will outscore our offense and mean it, I can see our secondary having atleast a couple picks returned for TDs or big yds if they keep up their play

Yes we will. That's the type of game this team is built to win. Games we can't win are shoot outs and high scoring affairs. Low scoring defensive games we have a better shot at.

No, we aren't built to win a ST game. We can barely return kicks and barely cover them.

That is a huge advantage

I don't know if this has been posted so I'll just put it here. An interview with Coach Arians.

Benjamin is another big, young wideout who will go up and eat it off your head if you let him.

"They got probably the best middle linebacker in the game (Luke Kuechly). He's as good as it gets. The back end, now that they put all those young kids in there, they are playing extremely fast. They have a tremendous blitz package. (Defensive coordinator) Sean McDermott does a good job with his blitz package. He studied under one of the best ever in Jim Johnson from Philadelphia. It's a unique blitz package, so if you're not ready for it, it can really embarrass you."

http://arizonasports.com/40/1794776/AllAccess-with-Bruce-Arians-Welcome-to-the-playoffs

Archived