• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

carter cut, godfrey out, and Kevin Kaesviharn is in...

rayzor

If his hand injury happened a while ago, perhaps that helps explain the poor play, esp. tackling.

Happened during the Miami game. Don't have a link but he went to the sideline holding his hand and talking to the trainers after he tried to make a tackle. They remarked later in the 2nd half that he was in street clothes with a cast.

Kaesviharn was complete garbage for the Saints. He was released just a couple of years into a long-term contract and there's a reason why no team has signed him until now.

Oh well, I think he can be serviceable.

Maybe the Saints have really bad coaches in the secondary?

i wonder why we did not sign anthony scirrotto back??

from roto

i'm thinking we would rather have scirrotto back but i guess they wanted a little experience.

maybe they could go find terrence holt again?

j/k about that....kind of.

btw.....godfrey broke his hand saturday night. it can't be used as an excuse for the tackling problem, unfortunately.

Guess we know why they were trying Wesley out at safety... and now we know how that turned out, LOL.

I've always though Marshall would make a pretty good safety (has the size, speed and can lay the wood) so why not bring in a vet corner like Chris McAlister and move Marshall to FS?

Kaesviharn is the one who beat the Panthers in Cincinnati on the last minute interception. Fox said in the presser on that Monday that he only intercepted it because he was in the wrong place. Wonder if Kaesviharn remembers that, or if he can afford to care right now.

Happened during the Miami game. Don't have a link but he went to the sideline holding his hand and talking to the trainers after he tried to make a tackle. They remarked later in the 2nd half that he was in street clothes with a cast.

Ah - thanks for the info. I caught about half of the Giants game and just a bit of the Miami game and was shocked at how badly Godfrey was playing. Maybe some time off will do him some good. Somehow. I'm just reaching here.

I seem to remember Kevin K being terrible last year for the Saints. Saint J can probably back me up on this one.

Unbelievable, by the way, about how quickly some of you are giving up on a second year safety based upon two meaningless exhibition games.

Archived