• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's 6 degrees in asheville with -12 wind chill

TheRumGone

This is NC, not Minnesota. People arent equipped to go out & about in this type of weather. Most kids around here don't own a heavy winter coat, gloves, toboggan, thermal socks, boots, etc. Why put a large portion of children at risk of getting sick?

You make a valid point and no doubt that is why they were thinking of having the delay, but I don't remember ever getting a delay just because it was cold ( I grew up in NC).

Now that I think about it, I guess it makes sense if 1 inch of snow will cancel school  :D

VERY WEAK. Now up in Milwaukee they cancelled school for tomorrow. It's going to be like -6 at 9 AM. That makes sense.

Almost all the school systems in the surrounding counties are on a 1 or 2 hour delay today... not sure why?  No precipitation at all... just cold.

It was 16 here at 7 AM and given that I'm less than 1 mile from the ocean, that's pretty damned cold, but it's not like it's that big of a deal.

Archived