• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's 6 degrees in asheville with -12 wind chill

TheRumGone

My brother lives in Asheville. Text me earlier and was pissed because he had to bring all his beer inside out of his garage to keep it from getting too cold.

I thought Asheville stayed a little warmer than most areas up there because it sits in a bowl. It got even colder then that last winter.

It's cold enough here in Charlotte. I miss summer.

I saw on the news tonight that Charlotte was thinking about a 2-hour delay for school tomorrow because of how cold it's going to be. Is it just me or is that some weak sauce?

VERY WEAK. Now up in Milwaukee they cancelled school for tomorrow. It's going to be like -6 at 9 AM. That makes sense.

I saw on the news tonight that Charlotte was thinking about a 2-hour delay for school tomorrow because of how cold it's going to be. Is it just me or is that some weak sauce?

This is NC, not Minnesota. People arent equipped to go out & about in this type of weather. Most kids around here don't own a heavy winter coat, gloves, toboggan, thermal socks, boots, etc. Why put a large portion of children at risk of getting sick?

6 degrees was a warm morning, for a lot of my arrivals to work, at beech mtn during my 12 years as a ski instructor. I couldn't tell you the amount of days the actual temp was in the negatives when I woke up.

-44 degree wind chill is the coldest I've been in Boone (or around Boone)

Archived