• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How did you pay for your college?

MichaelNewtonII

If you get loans make sure to get federal Stafford loans and not private ones. My wife made that mistake and you can't refinance them.

Also, Texas doesn't have a good nursing school? One of the ones with major football? From what I have seen good football means good parties.

Engineer money is about average. Unless you pick one that only 17 colleges in the country offer, and you only need a bachelors to do well. Otherwise you need a masters.

I know a mechanical engineer who moved for a job paying about $40a year

Every part of this post confuses me as an engineer.

These days is more about who you know than what degree you have.  My wife just told me they hired a young girl straight out of college with marketing degree to work in Internal Audit and gave her $65k on start.  Marketing degree has zero relevance to Internal Audit and they picked her over people with experience and CPA licenses.

These days is more about who you know than what degree you have.  My wife just told me they hired a young girl straight out of college with marketing degree to work in Internal Audit and gave her $65k on start.  Marketing degree has zero relevance to Internal Audit and they picked her over people with experience and CPA licenses.

That business is going places...

But I agree. It is who you know.

Okay, I'm a senior in high school and I have been accepted to my #1 school of choice, Arizona State University to major in nursing, and I would be an out of state student. The average cost for out of state tuition for undergrads this year are shown in the picture... and this scares me, I have no idea how I am going to get this type of money to pay for my education, I will be submitting a FAFSA as soon as my mother receives her tax return so hopefully that will help but it will not cover the full cost so I don't know what I'm going to do to pay the rest of my costs.. I had talked about joining the reserves with my moms friend who is retired army and currently a reserve, so the military can pay for my education but was told (not sure 100% if this is true) that if the reserves pay for your education they'd want a commitment of 4-6 years after, which I do not want to do, so I really have no idea what to do, do you guys have any suggestions on what I can do to get the money to pay for my education? I'm really stressing about it and my mom doesn't have the experience with this because she didn't attend college. Thanks for the help

I can't reiterate enough what almost every other person in this thread is telling you.

DO NOT GO OUT OF STATE, especially if it's a nursing degree from ASU.

It will take you the better part of 20 years to pay off that debt.  Do you really want to be 38 years old paying for college still?

My assistant is 25 and looking at 60k in student loans making 35 per year.  She can literally see no end to it, and it's keeping her from being able to invest in her future.

Please, please reconsider your options.

FTFY

Also, OP who I think I owe $4.50 to, ever seen Midnight Cowboy? That's how I got through college.

oh yeah hit me up again if you ever want some more fanduel lineups for nba, I need to do some research first haven't been paying nearly as much attention to nba during this panthers winning streak

Archived