• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith attempted to fight Jermaine Wiggins after loss?

countryboi

I don't need to convince myself of anything. It is you who is on the personal crusade to further the "89 is a jerk cuz it's documented..." although I've yet to see any convictions for assault since you've decided to play judge and jury.

Whatever the fug, grow up and move on, Panther fan, he no longer plays on your team.

Saying the sky is blue and water is wet isn't a personal crusade. It is just pointing out a truth.

Arguing the world is flat is a personal crusade...which is basically what you are attempting here

I'm a big Smitty fan, but I hated to read that this happened in front of the other guys wife and kids.  I thought Smitty was better than this.  Otherwise, I have no issue with the altercation. 

What is Smith's past would ever lead you to believe he is "better than this".

Smith is and always has been a complete ass and punk.  Difference is that he used to be our punk and we made excuses for and overlooked his crap.

What is Smith's past would ever lead you to believe he is "better than this".

Smith is and always has been a complete ass and punk.  Difference is that he used to be our punk and we made excuses for and overlooked his crap.

Maybe you are right, but I felt like over the past 5 years that Smitty had changed in this regard from listening to a lot of his interviews.  He certainly talks about being a big family guy and I can't imagine someone that claims to be so into his family trying to fight a guy with his wife and kids around . . . that is pretty low. 

I don't need to convince myself of anything. It is you who is on the personal crusade to further the "89 is a jerk cuz it's documented..." although I've yet to see any convictions for assault since you've decided to play judge and jury.

Whatever the fug, grow up and move on, Panther fan, he no longer plays on your team.

I've tried to shy away from Steve Smith threads because they tend to get me in trouble, but are you denying that Steve Smith has assaulted his teammates simply because he was never convicted of it in a court of law? Because we can have a civil SS discussion without being completely delusional.

Maybe you are right, but I felt like over the past 5 years that Smitty had changed in this regard from listening to a lot of his interviews.  He certainly talks about being a big family guy and I can't imagine someone that claims to be so into his family trying to fight a guy with his wife and kids around . . . that is pretty low. 

I think he cares about "His" family....he is still a hot head and still a punk at the core.

Maybe you are right, but I felt like over the past 5 years that Smitty had changed in this regard from listening to a lot of his interviews. He certainly talks about being a big family guy and I can't imagine someone that claims to be so into his family trying to fight a guy with his wife and kids around . . . that is pretty low.

Actions speak louder than words....

I've tried to shy away from Steve Smith threads because they tend to get me in trouble, but are you denying that Steve Smith has assaulted his teammates simply because he was never convicted of it in a court of law? Because we can have a civil SS discussion without being completely delusional.

Yes, his argument that was since his teammates didn't press charges.....his well documented assaults didn't happen

Steve Smith is a douche and a headcase.

Your biased ass can try and spin this story however many ways you like, but the fact of the matter is that he walked up to a man and told him he was gonna fug him up in front of his kids. If you can still stick up for that, that says more about you than us.

The context in which you met him should be considered as well. Steve Smith in football mode is not a nice person, but I don't want a nice person playing football for me.

Steve Smith off the field, in his neighborhood and among friends and family is a funny, caring, soft-spoken man. Nothing gets between him and his family and there is a reason he spent the night before games downtown at the hotel rather than drive from home. He never wanted his family to see him as he prepared to get ready for a game because he's one of those players who flip the switch when it's time to play. The Steve Smith I met with Mike Minter was a great guy. The Steve Smith I met a couple hours before a game on the field was a completely different person.

and you don't think I know that? I met all of them at a charity event, a charity event and smith was still an asshole. Just saying.

Archived