• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith attempted to fight Jermaine Wiggins after loss?

countryboi

Why can't we just let the Steve Smith issue go.  There was a good reason why he was cut.  Everyone knows he is a hot head.  Is he a good receiver?  That's not in question.  He is one of the best.  Grown, mature, men don't act like that.  I left that kind of stuff behind me when I was in my early 20's.  Would I fight today?  If my life or someone I love was in jeopardy, yes I would.  The problem with my age today and fighting, it would be a life or death situation and not over a word.

Then read the article.

Glad 89 is gone. Gettleman can continue rebuilding the WR corps without worrying about a bitter, aging receiver sucker punching any of his new draft picks.

Everyone needs to read the article.  That is Steve Smith's immaturity.  Just think how great he could be if he would just grow up.

At this point, midday host and Patriots radio color commentator Scott Zolak, an eyewitness to the fight, called in to share his view.

Zolak: “I saw the tail end of it, I wasn’t there for the initial part. But security ends up hearing about it. So Chatham, I see Chatham’s head starting to turn red, now he’s gotta get between … Steve Smith is a diminutive guy. He’s about as big as Bob Socci. I’ll tell you what: Everything that we talked about last week with Terrell Suggs being the nut job, the bipolar wacko, Steve Smith — I saw him in pregame, two hours before the game — he’s cussing everybody out in that tunnel that has anything to do … I’m talking about the people who hold the guns that [brandon] Meriweather was on, all that stuff. He’s loco.

So [smith] sees Wiggy and he’s like ‘Yo, what’s up?!’ And Wiggy’s like, ‘Hey, what’s up?’ And Smith is like, ‘No dude, what the bleep’s up?’ And Wiggy’s like, ‘Oh no, now you’re swearing in front of my kids.’ And he’s like, ‘You gotta step off.’ And then it starts getting nasty.

And Steve is like, ‘You called me a bully! So what’s up with that? You know what I’m gonna do? I’m gonna bleep you right now.’

And Wiggy’s like, ‘Man, you gotta stop in front of my kids.’

Come on Smitty, we love you but you gotta keep doing stupid poo like this?

Everyone needs to read the article.  That is Steve Smith's immaturity.  Just think how great he could be if he would just grow up.

Agreed. He gave us some of the greatest moments in Panthers history, but he also cost us a lot through his behavior. It's one thing to be fiery, but grown men have to keep that fire under control.

I'll be interested to see how he does in Baltimore going forward though.

To be fair, wiggins responded in an equally immature manner, in front of his wife and kids.

Smith went up to Wiggins for the sole purpose of starting a confrontation. This wasn't a conversation that escalated out of control.....Smith was aggressive from beginning. You can try to downplay it by saying Wiggins is just as immature but it doesn't make Smith look any less like a prick.

Steve is gonna end up in jail or the hospital. He's either gonna go too far & hurt somebody or confront the wrong dude & get his ass kicked for running his jaw. It's just a matter of when, not if. It's gonna happen. Most likely after he retires. He has mental & anger issues he can't control.

hey steve, you're a bully. people don't like bullies. the bully persona gets old, old as hell and you played yourself right out of carolina with that tired routine. it was worth 3 million dollars to allow you to become another teams problem. the thing with bullies, sooner or later you're gonna try to bully and bigger bully than you, an he'll kick your ass.

Archived