• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith attempted to fight Jermaine Wiggins after loss?

countryboi

I would welcome a statue of Thomas Davis outside BOA Stadium because he has shown a lot of the same heart and character that the late Sam Mills possessed. I would be 100% against one of Steve Smith, for the opposite reasons.

great guy

Yeah he actually went back and finished his college degree as a promise to his grandmother. ...or so I've heard

whoamg such hypocrisy.

how about all of us who knew that steve was a powder keg, appreciated but didn't blindly worship him while he was here, and could conceive of the concept that his antics wouldn't be nearly as cute if we were watching him do it another team

Hypocrisy or reality

When did the definition of "approach" include "fight," "start a fight," "throw a punch" or any other words or actions to that effect? Don't you think if Smith actually tried to start a fight or even raised his voice at Wiggins that more descriptive and colorful words would have been used to get more media attention? By using the word "approach" this only says that nothing happened except that Steve Smith, Sr. walked in the general direction toward Wiggins. 

Did you silly people even ATTEMPT to read the entire article?

Its obvious from the description of what occurred that, yes, that "start a fight" is EXACTLY what Monsieur Smith, Sr. intended.

You leave out the part where multiple guys (security and players) come over and try to remove 89 who continues to run his mouth more and more and more.

And the part 89 approached the Wiggins family to begin with.....

Steve Smith is a jerk and a bit of douche. Always has been. Call a spade a spade. Claiming Wiggins was using his kids as a shield is comcial and the definition of being an 89 apologist.

Wiggins was a bit hypocritical in regards to language....yes. But 89 clearly forced the reaction to the best of his ability.

And eventually anyone would lose there cool with someone like 89 doing what he did....human nature

Yeah, its real convenient to the senior chief's Moral Tale of Hero Steve Smith the things that he chooses to leave out of the story.

The whining in this thread makes me glad I'm not a fickle bitch who hates their former best friend because she got a new boyfriend they don't like.

Man, that's cold.  Even I wouldn't call Steve Smith a fickle bitch who hates their former best friend because she got a new boyfriend they don't like.

Steve Smith was cut, plain and simple, yet Huddlers all over this board have rushed to judge someone they've never met or spoken to. Meanwhile, there was a guy named Julius who played in Charlotte once upon a time who basically gave Carolina the finger on his way out and nobody seems to have a problem with that.

lmao do you really believe that

if there was a trophy for intellectual dishonesty you'd be holding it up at a podium in your faded steve smith jersey

Man, that's cold.  Even I wouldn't call Steve Smith a fickle bitch who hates their former best friend because she got a new boyfriend they don't like.

steve smith is the only party that's actually run his mouth in all this.  nobody who represents the panthers has said much of anything about him good or bad.  hell the guy who cut his ass praised him in his press conference today.

Go dig up posts then...

89 Apologist bashed me for merely pointing out his skills were declining prior to the 2013 season.....and that meant unless he retired early he was likely going to be gone soon.

Bc he was a jerk and pain....and an average player wouldn't be worth the headache that was 89

So that whole butthurt angle ain't gonna work

LMAO....name one other player in NFL history you know of that assaulted 3 teammates? With a host of other aggressive outbursts routinely? Yet it is all lies he is a bully?

Now you are spinning some wierd thing about Wiggins being scared? You feel bad for him? WTF? I don't even know what you are trying to convince yourself of.

89 is a jerk. It is documented over and over and over and over in regards to football. Water is also wet.

I don't need to convince myself of anything. It is you who is on the personal crusade to further the "89 is a jerk cuz it's documented..." although I've yet to see any convictions for assault since you've decided to play judge and jury.

Whatever the fug, grow up and move on, Panther fan, he no longer plays on your team.

Huddle TMZ strikes again...

If you don't care about the guy so much, why take every opportunity to put his name in your mouth?

Because it's fun shoving this kind of dirt in the homer fans face.  You know, the fans who still think the Franchise lost out by letting him go.  You know, the ones who said we wouldn't make the playoffs without him, etc... blah blah blah.

Just so much fun... :)

Archived