• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dorial Green-Beckham: If he falls to us on the clock in 2nd

top dawg

To be fair Still early on Both but i will give you short. Ealy doesn't have enough time or snaps to say he is a success or bust.

We've hit on most (nearly all) of the picks Gettleman has made over the past two years, plus undrafted players, without having to take guys that had character concerns.

Your point is invalid.

He might be the most overrated prospect in the draft.  He is still leaving off, for the most part, HS hype.

When you watch him play, he doesn't look as fast as he is hyped up to be.  Poor route runner.  Not as physical as his size would indicate.

When you take all of that in consideration with his problems off the field, I would be ticked if we took him in the 2nd.

We've hit on most (nearly all) of the picks Gettleman has made over the past two years, plus undrafted players, without having to take guys that had character concerns.

Your point is invalid.

Your point is pointed at the Gettleman tenure which is fair. But i am talking about this franchise as a whole. If you want to make it just about Gettleman we simply don't have enough info to measure his success on second round picks. Though it looks promising with both. Our history as a whole on second round picks isn't nearly as good.

Keep in mind, Da'Rick Rogers did less than Dorial Green-Beckham and he went undrafted.

Don't believe that he is nearly as talented, or has the measurables of DGB.  I know that he was no where nearly as hyped, and that's probably for those reasons. 

Could be a DaRick Rogers,..

Best talent in the draft, goes undrafted. 

We didnt sniff DaRick as an UDFA, so I wouldnt be surprised here either.

And thats coming from someone who wanted DaRick Rogers, Colt Lyerla and now Dorial.

Will watch and hope for it, but I truly doubt it.

Jaelon Strong or Rashad Green,...

I want either Sammie Coates or Devin Smith in the 2nd.  Give me a burner to pair with KB.  Someone is probably gonna roll the dice on DGB in the late 1st or early 2nd.

If you don't grab him in the first i think he is gone. That said he might not even be there when we pick. i suspect he blows up combine.

Your point is pointed at the Gettleman tenure which is fair. But i am talking about this franchise as a whole. If you want to make it just about Gettleman we simply don't have enough info to measure his success on second round picks. Though it looks promising with both. Our history as a whole on second round picks isn't nearly as good.

Unless Marty Hurney is gonna be making picks for us again anytime soon, our second round history isn't all that relevant to the discussion.

Unless Marty Hurney is gonna be making picks for us again anytime soon, our second round history isn't all that relevant to the discussion.

Oh but it is. If you think any player we have drafted since the Rae Carruth era hasn't been signed off by Richardson I think your mistaken. The point being is that all of our picks have to meet a certain "good boy quota". Which is why no one ever projects players with character issues to us.  It's become a part of who we are as a team. It's the reason everyone says Hardy is done here and the reason why you would pass on a Janoris Jenkins or any player with red flags. These players simply don't seem to find there way to a Carolina roster. 

Oh but it is. If you think any player we have drafted since the Rae Carruth era hasn't been signed off by Richardson I think your mistaken. The point being is that all of our picks have to meet a certain "good boy quota". Which is why no one ever projects players with character issues to us.  It's become a part of who we are as a team. It's the reason everyone says Hardy is done here and the reason why you would pass on a Janoris Jenkins or any player with red flags. These players simply don't seem to find there way to a Carolina roster. 

Which I have no problem with.

You think we're the only team that looks at character issues?

I'm fine with taking late round fliers on a guy with some question marks.  We did it with Hardy and it paid off well for us.  But, I don't think you can afford to spend a 2nd rounder on a guy with as many question marks as DGB unless you just had a gluttony of draft picks acquired from previous trades.  We don't have that luxury and we have too many needs to swing and miss.

Archived