• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Cam, Romo or Peyton threw that game ending INT....

GoobyPls

well...you would know it was preseason if it was Cam or Romo....not like either of them to make it out of the first round is it?

It's always worth a good laugh when the fan of a franchise who has been around since the mid 70's talks poo about lack of playoff success to a younger franchise. At one point the Seahawks had the longest playoff win drought in history, dating back to the 1980's. Just saying.

And even if they didn't, was that one pass his whole career? The reason people bring this up is he's been nitpicked by media since getting to the NFL, and criticized for not being a winner or able to close, or turning the ball over too much, as if he does it a ton more than other young QBs, lol.

If they took one game off, doesn't change anything.

Can Wilson handle criticism at the NFL level? No one knows because he's never had any, lol.

I get it. They've beat up Cam in the past. Trust me I know. I think they've gotten much better recently. Many people cite our oline issues and lack of speed in the media.

You are right Wilson doesn't get much criticism but that doesn't bother me. People like him. A lot. Sometimes it's like that. I think if millionaire playing football poorly should be open to scrutiny, including Cam Newton and Russell Wilson. He's been in the SB 2 years in row. One ring. Very nice guy and says all the right things. People don't like talking bad about him. So what.

I just want Cam to win. Everything else will fall into place.

at one time that was true....not so much anymore!

I'm an easy going guy...just had the worst possible defeat one could imagine and yet here I was Monday morning to take the poo and abuse...you can't expect I'm not going to give a little back.

at one time that was true....not so much anymore!

I'm an easy going guy...just had the worst possible defeat one could imagine and yet here I was Monday morning to take the poo and abuse...you can't expect I'm not going to give a little back.

Just busting your chops a bit, no worries.

The Panthers have only been around 20 years, but compared to some of the older franchises who didn't do jackshit within their first 20, Carolina fans are lucky to have several playoff appearances/division titles, and being one kick away from a SB victory in the first 8 years.

It certainly could have been much worse.

We have the right GM now who knows how to build from within via the draft, that was one of our biggest problems for years.

He is their darling, that is for sure.  I think it is funny how he has a RB who gets 5 yards after getting hit at the LOS, a defense that not only keeps the other teams from scoring, but gives him turnovers with great field position.  His "Hail Mary" 2-pointer vs. Green Bay is all I needed to see. 

Wilson is staring to believe the hype.  You can tell by his answers when interviewed by the adoring media.  He is not that good--he is elusive and able to improvise, but when you are usually leading the game and you have a defense that has your back, a RB who brings 8 to the box--really?

That is like punching another kid on the playground while your buddies hold his arms and legs.  Then walking around like you are one tough hombre.

Ironic considering Wilson admitted to pretty much doing just that LOL.

You, alone, are irrelevant. If your attitude is all you can control is what you put in your mouth and what you speak, then no, you have no say on anything on this planet.

People can control it...EVENTUALLY...by calling it out.

At the end of the day, you just see no problem with there being a double standard, which is your problem.

Of course there is a problem with it. But stupid people eat it up and there will always be stupid people

if it had been Romo or Cam, it would be the same thing: why did you call that pass there?

DAL has the best OL in football and Murray is the OPOY. Run the damn ball. Or at least run a QB sneak behind that great OL. If you must get cute and pass, at least roll Romo out so he has a chance to score with his legs or throw it away if he doesn't like what he sees

With us, even if you don't think our interior OL and RBs aren good, we still have a 6-6/260 athletc freak at QB. If you're not going to hand it off, then run a QB sneak with Cam or at least roll him out so he can run it in or throw it away if he doesn't like what he sees

With Peyton Manning, he calls his own plays so of course he'd get blamed

As for Pete:

10979585_921536551211703_838287672_n.jpg

You really think Romo will get a pass? really?

As for Cam and Peyton those two would also get more flack than Wilson has got.

Well Cam threw a pick six that literally sealed the game for them. I don't remember him getting beat up about it in the media and I listen to sports podcasts pretty much daily. Even if they did, he can handle it.

Cam got more flack for throwing a pick, trying to get a first down, in a drive where they were trying to tie that game in the divisional round of the playoffs,. Than Wilson did throwing a pick at the one yard line in the biggest game of the year.

This probably what would have been said if either Cam-Romo-Peyton threw the interception that lost the Super Bowl for Seattle.

Cam Newton >>>Shula's wrong play call, cost Panthers Super Bowl

Tony Romo >>>Tony Romo chokes under pressure, Dallas loses Super Bowl

Peyton Manning >>> Bronco's lose Super Bowl, Peyton  Manning not at fault

Archived