• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: Panthers Not Expected To Bring Back Hardy

Mr Mojo Risin

If Hardy comes out and says he will play on a one year contract at a huge discount to the Panthers to help fix the past I will be extremely happy that I was wrong.

I doubt that happens though.

That's the main thing, and why I don't see him returning.  I just don't feel like he'd play for less.  He doesn't come across as that type at all.  He's in it for the big money.  I'd be interested in how he performs when he gets his big contract.  Not sure I want that test performed here though  :unsure:

Did you see the poll?  It's a pretty overwhelming "yes."  That's from fans perspective.  The overwhelming support for his return could raise some eyebrows.

http://blackandbluereview.com/poll-greg-hardy/

I don't know why it should.  Hardy was here all of preseason and played against TB and pretty much nobody on this site, or among fans in general, or even in the media, said a peep about how he shouldn't be part of the team, or was a violent abuser, or whatever, and that he shouldn't play.  The only reason things changed is because the media decided (based on the RR video) that all of that was true and the soft headed among us suddenly changed their mind even though none of the facts changed after the Tampa Bay game.  Now, months later, we know virtually nothing that wasn't public knowledge last September.

In other words, if pretty much all their fans were cheering for Hardy when he was playing against TB, why wouldn't they still support him?  I mean, other than the morons who consider Bob Costas some kind of mental giant, of course.

For those who were pissed off that Hardy was still on the team prior to being told you should hate him, I can at least respect your intellectual consistency and ability to think for yourselves.  Unfortunately there are somewhere between virtually zero and zero of these people out there.

If he were to have any chance of returning, it would probably be owed to Ron Rivera.

I'm sure it will be owed to Ron Rivera and I don't think Dave Gettleman would be upset with giving him a one year deal. This also gives Ealy more time to develop and play a little more with a shot at taking CJ spot in the future. If we can get Hardy on a 1 yr prove it deal then let's see how it goes. I wouldn't be upset because you don't find pass rushers like Hardy everyday.

I don't know why it should.  Hardy was here all of preseason and played against TB and pretty much nobody on this site, or among fans in general, or even in the media, said a peep about how he shouldn't be part of the team, or was a violent abuser, or whatever, and that he shouldn't play.  The only reason things changed is because the media decided (based on the RR video) that all of that was true and the soft headed among us suddenly changed their mind even though none of the facts changed after the Tampa Bay game.  Now, months later, we know virtually nothing that wasn't public knowledge last September.

In other words, if pretty much all their fans were cheering for Hardy when he was playing against TB, why wouldn't they still support him?  I mean, other than the morons who consider Bob Costas some kind of mental giant, of course.

For those who were pissed off that Hardy was still on the team prior to being told you should hate him, I can at least respect your intellectual consistency and ability to think for yourselves.  Unfortunately there are somewhere between virtually zero and zero of these people out there.

I'm not saying "raise some eyebrows" in the negative sense.  Wrong use of the term, on my part.  

Listening to the Frank Gracie show on WFnz...Voth was on..aaaaannnnddd....

Bill Voth is not as secure with the Hardy being gone opinion as before. . He is now admitting there is a slight chance he could be wrong. .

All that Voth or any blogger ever had to say is that chances are that Hardy will not be back, but there is a small chance that he could return under the right circumstances.  I believe one Charlotte writer did (though I can't remember who it was).  

Talking with surety before the dust settles makes for unnecessary drama, but also makes for good traffic I suppose.

Here's the big monkey wrench in the whole notion of re-signing Hardy.

There is the very real possibility that Hardy gets suspended by the NFL for six games or so.

Last year, the Panthers paid Hardy for a full season but only got to use him for one game.

(who's at fault for that is irrelevant to this point; it happened)

To sign him again, Dave Gettleman would have to be able to accept once again devoting a contract and a roster spot to him for less than a full season of work.

Do we believe he's willing to do that?

Here's the big monkey wrench in the whole notion of re-signing Hardy.

There is the very real possibility that Hardy gets suspended by the NFL for six games or so.

Last year, the Panthers paid Hardy for a full season but only got to use him for one game.

(who's at fault for that is irrelevant to this point; it happened)

To sign him again, Dave Gettleman would have to be able to accept once again devoting a contract and a roster spot to him for less than a full season of work.

Do we believe he's willing to do that?

That could happened but again it might not.. The NFL can use their former FBI investigators....and find out the same thing some of us think happened. . Let's be honest the Panthers investigated the situation and were willing to let him play until the jury trial. Until the Ray Rice tape made the public turn against all players even accused of DV . I'm telling you guys that a lot of lies were given credibility in this case.. and a lot of national people didn't take the time to actually research the testimonies and uneven statements made in this case..Maybe that what the Nfl will see as well....

Archived