• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Better Call Saul!

cptx

I guessed it was his brother that black balled Jimmy as soon as he made that 2am call.

I like how they are using Mike. He is such a great character and a brilliant actor!

In regards to catching up with BB, there really is a lot of stuff they can do with his series. Remember BB took course over two years (I think).

This is a great drama.

This show is great, and we can now see why he becomes Saul.

His brother and his holier than thou speech, Jimmy ends up becoming the kind lf lawyer his brother hates, probably out of spite, strip mall office and all.   Changes his name so no one knows that is his brother.

Great performances and acting, some may think it's too slow but it's perfect, we need to see how he comes who he is.  

The female attorney (can't remember her name)....I am wondering what happens to her?

Dies?

Betrays Jimmy?

Married someone?

They have a great chemistry but we know if won't last.

Kim! I'd like to think they have outro plans for some characters that don't need to be killed off at the end of the series.  I think it'd be cool if she was still alive, just never talked about on BB.  I think it'd be sweet if the show time jumped the whole BB series to see how he becomes Gene. 

I gotta say when they mentioned this as a spin off I wasn't looking forward to it.  But after reading some positive reviews in here i may give it a try.  I just don't see how a story with Saul as the main character will be engrossing...funny, maybe, but not engrossing.  

I gotta say when they mentioned this as a spin off I wasn't looking forward to it.  But after reading some positive reviews in here i may give it a try.  I just don't see how a story with Saul as the main character will be engrossing...funny, maybe, but not engrossing.  

Well good news, because this first season is about Jimmy McGill, not Saul.

I gotta say when they mentioned this as a spin off I wasn't looking forward to it. But after reading some positive reviews in here i may give it a try. I just don't see how a story with Saul as the main character will be engrossing...funny, maybe, but not engrossing.

Dude I thought the exact same thing, the first episode came on after walking dead and I was getting ready to go to bed when it started but sat back down and was hooked. It's that good, give it a shot.

The Saul story line has been pretty damn good so far, but they are telling Mike's story as well. That alone has made it worth watching.

Watched the first 3 episodes so far.  As far as acting, directing, production values, etc, it's as good as Breaking Bad.  As far as plot or story it's not.  That's not a knock though because few TV shows are as compelling as Breaking Bad, at least to me.  I'd rank The Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad, and The Walking Dead as the best of the best of TV drama's.  Better Call Saul is clearly a notch below.  Still entertaining though.

But it's only been 3 episodes so obviously it's way too early to make these comparisons fairly.

Watched the first 3 episodes so far. As far as acting, directing, production values, etc, it's as good as Breaking Bad. As far as plot or story it's not. That's not a knock though because few TV shows are as compelling as Breaking Bad, at least to me. I'd rank The Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad, and The Walking Dead as the best of the best of TV drama's. Better Call Saul is clearly a notch below. Still entertaining though.

But it's only been 3 episodes so obviously it's way too early to make these comparisons fairly.

Recency bias... Go back and watch season 1 of Breaking Bad. I think season one of Better Call Saul is much better than season one of Breaking Bad.

Now, as far as the whole series, Breaking Bad is going to be very hard to top. But at this point in their runs BCS > BB.

Archived