• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

League files motion for Hardy's evidence

philit99

This is the sort of thing you've said over and over here that I wholeheartedly disagree with.  Hardy HASN'T made an ass of himself at all.  Does he march to the beat of his own drum?  Sure.  But he hasn't done one thing wrong since becoming a Panther.  He's shown nothing but the utmost of work ethic and has never had any off (or on) field problems before this.  And this has been, by all evidence that has been made known so far, nothing but a scam by a manipulative woman to cash out on an opportunity at the expense of a gullible, young, wealthy man.  Hardy's only mistake or wrongdoing in this entire affair has been putting himself in the wrong place (in more ways than one). 

He doesn't have a reputation of doing that since his Ole Miss days.

AT ALL.

I didn't say anything about Ole Miss days.  I said since he's been a Panther.  Since he's been a Panther he's been a model teammate and player.

On the field, I don't disagree even a little bit.

Off the field?  I think he's shown time and again (even including his college days) he's a ticking time bomb.

This is the sort of thing you've said over and over here that I wholeheartedly disagree with.  Hardy HASN'T made an ass of himself at all.  Does he march to the beat of his own drum?  Sure.  But he hasn't done one thing wrong since becoming a Panther.  He's shown nothing but the utmost of work ethic and has never had any off (or on) field problems before this.  And this has been, by all evidence that has been made known so far, nothing but a scam by a manipulative woman to cash out on an opportunity at the expense of a gullible, young, wealthy man.  Hardy's only mistake or wrongdoing in this entire affair has been putting himself in the wrong place (in more ways than one).

Reckless motorcycle riding just a few days before camp...

Hundred mile an hours in his car, while taking a pic with his phone and tweeting it...

That horrendous rap video while he's suspended from the team...

Not making any great effort to stay around the team despite being allowed by the league...

Going to the strip club rather than supporting his teammates in an important game...

Poorly timed marketing of himself...

And his other misadventures on social media...

Let's face it.  We're not exactly talking about a guy with a history of good judgment and decision making.

Too many of you sanctimonious _____have convicted Hardy in your own personal court. It makes no difference what the courts say. It makes no difference what actually transpired. It is as if some of you are actually hoping he pays the maximum penalty, just because.

Is Hardy riskier than most players? Maybe. That is why any smart team needs to factor that into any negotiations. All I know is the NFL is full of players that have done far, far worse than anything Greg did, and yet some of these same people are now league ambassadors (see Ray Lewis, among others).

Enough of the hypocrisy. Love him or hate him, Greg has not done anything of sufficient seriousness to be kept off the field and earning his livelihood.

Ben Roethlisberger was suspended without there ever even having been a trial.

Roethlisberger is easily ten times as big a star as Hardy (that's being generous, honestly) and the league suffered no consequences. And all of that occurred before the Ray Rice story ever happened. More recently, there's also Adrian Peterson.

Do you really think the NFL that can get away with suspending big names like Roethlisberger and Peterson is going to be brought to their knees by Greg Hardy?

(pretty sure people in Pantherland are the only ones who'd buy that idea)

Are you even going to acknowledge that Ben was on his 3rd rape accusers before they did anything? ?

I'm sorry that one situation started to look like a "pattern" and one is a isolated 1st incident. .

This is the sort of thing you've said over and over here that I wholeheartedly disagree with. Hardy HASN'T made an ass of himself at all. Does he march to the beat of his own drum? Sure. But he hasn't done one thing wrong since becoming a Panther. He's shown nothing but the utmost of work ethic and has never had any off (or on) field problems before this. And this has been, by all evidence that has been made known so far, nothing but a scam by a manipulative woman to cash out on an opportunity at the expense of a gullible, young, wealthy man. Hardy's only mistake or wrongdoing in this entire affair has been putting himself in the wrong place (in more ways than one).

Hardy even made an ass of himself in court. I imagine that didn't award him any bonus points either....

It will be when the NFLPA files a grievance and takes the matter to court..

NFLPA....yeah, you ever hear them mention Hardy during all this?

Maybe they would step in if he got 6 games bc if he did that would mean all DV cases would be getting the same punishment which wouldn't be fair. Bc that is the max. Hardy gets 2 games? NFLPA ain't gonna say diddly poo

Too many of you sanctimonious _____have convicted Hardy in your own personal court. It makes no difference what the courts say. It makes no difference what actually transpired. It is as if some of you are actually hoping he pays the maximum penalty, just because.

Is Hardy riskier than most players? Maybe. That is why any smart team needs to factor that into any negotiations. All I know is the NFL is full of players that have done far, far worse than anything Greg did, and yet some of these same people are now league ambassadors (see Ray Lewis, among others).

Enough of the hypocrisy. Love him or hate him, Greg has not done anything of sufficient seriousness to be kept off the field and earning his livelihood.

That's the thing though.  you don't have to love him or hate him.  People that are filtering it through that notion are completely missing the point.

I'm fine if he's brought back.  I'm also fine if he isn't.

If you're able to look at the situation objectively, there's way more evidence that he won't be back than there is that he will.  It's reality.  Scenarios people are posting like the league apologizing to Hardy or giving money back to the Panthers or the Panthers actually franchising Hardy again are just delusional.

Some on here don't seem to be able to accept that because they love Hardy the Panther, but they need to realize that after March "Hardy the Panther" may no longer exist.

Archived