• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So who "has Jerry Richardson's ear"?

Mr. Scot

Luke Kuechly and Greg Olsen have to at least be on the list of candidates, but certainly lower down than others who have been mentioned.

Does Kuechly have to be on the list?

Luke may indeed be the best linebacker in the game and arguably the best player on the team, but neither he (nor Newton for that matter) is yet locked up long term and Luke is only coming into his fourth year as a pro.

If you were running a billion dollar business, how seriously would you take the ideas of a guy with only three years experience in the most basic level of that profession?

Little doubt that Luke will have the ear of Richardson if things continue as they are, but has he really earned it already?

Probably Thomas, Luke and Chuck on defense. Possibly Harper to but that's a stretch to say the least. Obviously Cam Olsen and Kalil on offense. We don't have any "special teams guys"

Harper hasn't been a Panther for long, but he's been in the league longer than most of the team and the young guys on defense already talk about him like a mentor.  Plus he's a vocal leader with a great attitude.

No, he's not originally a Panther, but technically neither is Olsen (though he's been here longer).

It probably is a stretch, but I could kinda see it.

Josh talked to Davis. Davis talked to Hardy. Davis then got Ryan, CJ, Greg, Gano, and Keek together. They all jumped in Davis' Escalade and drove up to JR's house to talk to him. They are/were all Captains. Having almost 1500 lbs of Captains at one time could have an effect on ol' Jerry.

Harper hasn't been a Panther for long, but he's been in the league longer than most of the team and the young guys on defense already talk about him like a mentor. Plus he's a vocal leader with a great attitude.

No, he's not originally a Panther, but technically neither is Olsen (though he's been here longer).

It probably is a stretch, but I could kinda see it.

Could almost justify throwing Anderson's name in there as well. Not many better candidates beyond a league veteran who passed up an opportunity to be a starter to stay with the team.

While Rivera isn't a player I'm sure he is taking aback for Hardy as well. His love for Hardy as well as their communication through out the ordeal is documented.

I think the only ones with his ear are those that have been with the organization 5+ years.

That would knock both Greg Olsen and Derek Anderson off the list though as this past season was only the fourth for both.

This coming year will be number five, but we're not there yet.

Honestly kinda surprised that only two people have mentioned Cam Newton, and one of those was with a big 'maybe' attached.

Granted, pretty much everything I said about Luke Kuechly applies equally to Newton. But that said, Cam is the quarterback as well as being his team's former number one pick.

Do you not see Newton being part of the inner circle?

Archived