• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More Coaching Changes (Steve Wilks)

Mark S

I've never understood why coordinators are so quick to leave for head coach openings. You would think that if they're successful in a system with a good team they would want some longevity and job security. Aren't the majority of new hires failures?

coaches are competitive guys too.

They want their opportunity to build a winner too.

I've never understood why coordinators are so quick to leave for head coach openings. You would think that if they're successful in a system with a good team they would want some longevity and job security. Aren't the majority of new hires failures?

Head Coaching contracts are guaranteed money. They can make more on a rookie head coaching contract than 10 years of coordinating. On top of that there are only so many jobs out there. You hear about guys declining to interview with dysfunctional franchises all the time but ultimately you have to take risks.

I see your point. Why ruin your name by taking a job with the Browns or Raiders? But these guys all think highly of themselves and the money is good.

Head Coaching contracts are guaranteed money. They can make more on a rookie head coaching contract than 10 years of coordinating. On top of that there are only so many jobs out there. You hear about guys declining to interview with dysfunctional franchises all the time but ultimately you have to take risks.

I see your point. Why ruin your name by taking a job with the Browns or Raiders? But these guys all think highly of themselves and the money is good.

True, I've never really looked at the difference in pay. I just know if I was at that level I would only care about winning. And I think our organization is on the cusp of greatness for the next 5-10 years.

Archived