• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Time to cut DeAngelo Williams.

AKPantherFan

I doubt it. If he stays I bet we se him play the role he did near the end of the season. And let's be honest. Dude knows the offense. When Stewart goes down again u want fozzy?

Not that he can't do it, but having dwill there makes me feel a lot better about our RB situation.

Remember how well we were running when both were out.

Not good.

It still wastes a spot that young potential could occupy....

If Stewart goes down.....then we are left with an old RB who can't play instead of finding out we had a Hillman or Anderson ready to roll. 34 is only going to get worse and worse.

Need to get rid of Williams and Tolbert. Need young blood not dinosaurs at RB

This kind of talk is a sad time for me. Smith getting cut actually didn't bother me mainly because of his character. I know its a huge mistake to hold on to a player just because he's been a model citizen and used to be a great player. It's that too much loyalty to a fan favorite that Hurney handicapped this team with over the years.

But with that being said my main concern with this possible cut is that very few seem to show any emotion of wanting DWill cut. It's feels like a mob calling for his head. Yes a lot of us acknowledge what he's done for this team and say he will be missed but many just act like they are sick of him and want him gone now.

Cut me down if you want for what I'm about to say but DWill has always been productive and a MUCH MUCH better man than Steve Smith had or ever will be. I don't miss Smith but I will miss DWill.

Edited to make paragraphs. My phone won't let me. Stupid phone.

Yeah, when your 4th best RB has a top 10 league wide cap hit...it is past time

He needs to be cut, but saying he's our fourth-best back is just flat-out ignorant. He's clearly better than Tolbert and Fozzy hasn't had enough time to say otherwise.

I'm actually going against the crowd here and am ok if he stays (or goes). The way his contract is structured it cost us 300k to cut him. If he's a June 1st cut we save a few mil this year but still pay what we would next year (but in dead money), when his salary is cheap for the last two years of his contract anyway.

It really comes down to whether or not Gettlemen and Rivera believe he was hindered by injuries, bad o-line, or other issues or if they believe he's simply done. If it's the former, I hope he stays. Having a D-will on the roster who played like he did pre 2014 would be worth the 2 mil salary in 2016 and possibly 2017. 

The number in blue is dead money and the number before it is the cap hit.

2015 panthers.png$1,850,000 $3,200,000 $333,333 $150,000 $800,000 $6,333,333 $6,600,000

2016 panthers.png$1,000,000 - $333,333 - $800,000 $2,133,333 $2,266,666

2017 panthers.png$1,000,000 - $333,334 - $800,000 $2,133,334 $1,133,334

Actually that's a pretty good reason to keep him at least in 2015. He's not bad and we need insurance in case Stew goes down again. Do you honestly expect Tolbert and Fozzy Whittaker to carry this team?

It still wastes a spot that young potential could occupy....

If Stewart goes down.....then we are left with an old RB who can't play instead of finding out we had a Hillman or Anderson ready to roll. 34 is only going to get worse and worse.

Need to get rid of Williams and Tolbert. Need young blood not dinosaurs at RB

Where is this idea he can't play coming from? He was good the first game and was, on average, pretty good in 2013. If he didn't have this contract nobody would be complaining. 

I will take DeAngelo Williams over Fozzy Whittaker as a starter. Call me a moron, but I don't trust a guy with 60 career carries to be starter if Stew goes down.

Archived