• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL VP: Changing PI to 15-yard penalty a possibility

SgtJoo

Vincent suggested an alternate solution to replay that would make PI a 15-yard penalty rather than a spot foul. There's concern that making pass interference reviewable would undermine game officials, who have to make difficult calls in real time.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000473782/article/nfl-vp-changing-pi-to-15yard-penalty-is-a-possibility?campaign=Twitter_atn

do not like, leave it how it is

The 15 yard version gives incentive to CBs that have been beaten to commit the foul.

And that's different than how it is now somehow?

Currently taking the spot foul even if its on the 1 yard line is better than giving up a potentially undefended TD.

Yeah, I agree with the guys before me. I've always preferred the NFL's handling of PI to the college game because it helps keep the competitive aspect honest (not that ole Roger has shown any concern for competitive integrity since taking office)

It's not like these big play PIs happen enough for this to warrant a change.

And that's different than how it is now somehow?

Currently taking the spot foul even if its on the 1 yard line is better than giving up a potentially undefended TD.

To see a deep pass in college broken up by PI, only to result in the offense moving up 15 yards just doesn't seem fair.

If the rule were changed there would probably be a lot more intentional pass interference penalties commited by the defense.

Can't have guys intentionally committing penalties to prevent big plays. Bad idea.

but just think of all the extra play stoppages and commercials we could get out of it.

that one with the all the people who had bad fantasy years just gets me every time man i mean ha-ha.

"One Giant Step" ha-ha get it because he's a Giants fan

Archived