• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WTF is this about a Dez Bryant video worse than Ray Rice's?

top dawg

Maybe a few people had known about it and were working on it, but I still think it's impossible for it to have been circulating around the media (implying many knew about it) for months with nothing at all coming out until last week. We'll just have to see.

Well Florio said "all of the major insiders" have known for months. Now that the story is out, it will most likely steamroll with other "insiders" chiming in because where there is smoke, there is usually fire. 

Dez tweeting out what appears to be some damage control about his past for no apparent reason 5 days ago now makes a bit more sense:

“Just quit with the b.s….. It’s clear as day what’s going on… I might need to do an exclusive interview about my life these past 5 years since the world is destined to know…. i use to let people take advantage of my life now that I’m no longer allowing that to happen seems to be a problem… I’m not ashamed of none of my past incidents because that’s what made me who I am today”

Either the video doesn't actually exist or whoever has the video is trying to get PAID for it.  If that's the case, Dez Bryant should be all over that.

I agree and if someone is trying to get paid - keep checking TMZ if the video really does exist. 

I honestly think whatever it may or may not be, is not nearly as bad as some people may be thinking based the "5 times worse comment" that some source supposedly said. 

Is it valid to think that if it weren't something criminal, he'd have just said so?

I think it's valid to think that he has no idea what is on the 'video' and won't say that it's not, because he doesn't know and won't say that it is believed to be, because if there is none or it's not, then he fuged up.

I think it's valid to think that he has no idea what is on the 'video' and won't say that it's not, because he doesn't know and won't say that it is believed to be, because if there is none or it's not, then he fuged up.

He could also just say "I don't know".  He did state plainly that he had not seen it.

The one logical reason I could see (other than waiting to get paid) why someone would sit on this could be for legal repercussions.  If this does indeed show Bryant doing something for which he could be arrested, you'd have to be extremely careful what you did with it.  The police aren't big fans of people who have evidence of a crime and don't share it.

Bottom Line: This whole story is weird.

Florio puts out his take (link)

Per Florio, the alleged whatever that happened on the video occurred in 2011, so it would indeed fall under the NFL's personal conduct policy.

And then there's this...

Since Friday, it’s definitely taken up plenty of my time.  I’ve spent lots of time on the phone trying to determine whether the video exists, and I’ve submitted a request under the Texas Public Information Act to the appropriate agency, with the goal of getting the video (if it exists) and any related documents (if they exist).

So the video is in the possession, or under the authority, of a state agency?

Seriously, what the... :wacko:

Sick.  If true, he slides below Ray Carruth and Aaron Hernandez on the NFL scumbag totem pole.

Character doesn't matter, though, in the NFL

Schefter said nothing about the content, only that the video exists.

There's no word anywhere about what's on the tape...yet.

Maybe a few people had known about it and were working on it, but I still think it's impossible for it to have been circulating around the media (implying many knew about it) for months with nothing at all coming out until last week. We'll just have to see.

They're not saying a video has been circulating, they're saying knowledge of the existence of a video has been circulating.  I could see them sitting on it if they don't even know whether the video actually exists, much less what's on it.  I hope it's not true, I actually like Dez as a player too despite hating the Cowboys with the fire of a thousand suns. 

Archived