• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

House of Cards, Season 3 (Spoilers)

Darth Biscuit

So this has turned into a, "if this fictional plot I'm purely speculating on doesn't turn out to be true will you leave the board", thread, eh? Sweet. 

My bad for aiding in that, back to the show:

I hope they don't cut Remy from the show now that he has "given up" politics. I really like his character and that actor. 

No. Outlandish things happen when the setting allows it. Frank can kill people because the setting and the story are written in a way it makes sense. Frank tapping his wife for vp not only doesn't make sense in the story because his wife just left him it doesn't make logical sense in any world. Real or imaginary.

dude there was an entire fuging scene setting up Claire to run for presidency when she was in that chick with the baby's house. That lady literally said "I would vote for you if you ran for president."

they could not have made it more obvious that Claire has loftier ambitions than being a barbie doll. 

My bad for aiding in that, back to the show:

I hope they don't cut Remy from the show now that he has "given up" politics. I really like his character and that actor. 

Wasn't directed towards you...I honestly though Season 3 would end with Clair announcing herself running for office in the last scene. 

dude there was an entire fuging scene setting up Claire to run for presidency when she was in that chick with the baby's house. That lady literally said "I would vote for you if you ran for president."

they could not have made it more obvious that Claire has loftier ambitions than being a barbie doll.

Anyone could see that. But Frank tapping her for VP isn't the logical conclusion to that. If she ran on her own I could see that. Her being ambassador then running I can see that. Her after she leaves her husband come back and be on the ticket with him. That's a reach and a half

I see Frank killing her and getting a sympathy vote.

same. frank will probably spend the season exhausting his options trying to save a situation where his wife is derailing his chances and finally come down to either killing her and winning or letting her go and losing. 

i don't see claire going after the nomination though. that makes no sense in the world HOC has created. if she got excoriated for getting the ambassador post it'd be far worse for president or even VP.

Frank will probably eventually have her killed, then it'll be the slow unraveling of the cover-up of his guilt that finally brings him down. I also picked-up on the possible WW3 vibes during Frank's encounters with Petrov, though that would be very hard to portray on screen without radically shifting what the show is all about.

• 2 weeks later...

Dunbar is clearly Hillary, it's no accident that she was a prominent lawyer. Something will surface that will completely derail her path. It won't be Benghazi, but it very well could be some dirty secrets or emails; perhaps a server floating around somewhere?

It's a shame that Remy's girl flipped on Frank. I didn't think that Doug would kill the girl, I thought he'd manipulate her into being his sex slave.

I enjoyed the Author and the reporters tryst

Overall, I came away disappointed with the season tbh. It lacked the intensity that I loved about the previous season. I can totally see Claire on the ticket as it would neutralize Dunbar's women vote. The reporter will make waves next season.

They have to introduce more characters. It almost seems as if the series could sizzle out. I hope it's better next season. For all the waiting I did for this season, I came away disappointed overall. Hoping that the next season gets back on track.

Archived