• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eagles and Bills: Major Trade

Mark S

Kiko had a great 4 game stretch to begin his career followed up by a full season out with an acl tear and all of a sudden he is the second coming of kuechly??

People are acting Like mccoy is as old as deangelo. He is less than two years older than kiko! as if he wouldnt have been hit if he had played longer in College. Mccoy averaged more rushes in College than the nfl so there goes the mileage argument...

bills get a 27 year old superstar and wins this Trade, regardless of cap implications.

McCoy may be 26, but he's already been worked harder than any back in the league. That just doesn't at good with me. Backs that haven't had as big of a work load as McCoy take a steep drop in their performance after they hit 28 anyways. It will be interesting to see how long he lasts.

People keep saying it's easy to find top RBs but they can't name 5 super star RBs in the league. That's because there are only 3 of them. McCoy, Peterson, and Lynch.

And, you forgot to include Keuchly in that list. lol

Luke is a step above that list, that's why I didn't include him.

Edit: Luke and Patrick Willis are the only middle/inside LBs I see as the elite top shelf players The guys I mentioned are a step below them

Josina Anderson of ESPN reports McCoy is not happy with this trade (link)

"He’s a Pennsylvania kid. He’s never played football outside of Pennsylvania—high school, college, pro. So of course he's not happy. Sounds like it’s pretty final to me unless LeSean is refusing to go to Buffalo."

On whether the source believes McCoy will make a trade to Buffalo difficult, in light of McCoy’s initial reaction to the news:

"It'll be interesting to see how this process plays itself out because he's an interesting individual. In your mind, when you think of Buffalo you think of cold and losing games. It’s not like it’s the Philadelphia market where you’re always on t.v. and you’re playing for like the division title or that type of thing…It was unexpected. I'll tell you that much.”

The source on how McCoy is feeling at the moment:

Honestly, he's frustrated...It's alright. It's the league. I told him that. I guess he just never experienced that, but he was like 'why me.'"

The source said he thinks McCoy is "not going to make it easy, that's for sure."

The people that are saying the Eagles lost out simply don't understand value. The Eagles received a Linebacker and close to $10m free cap.

They could sign Forsett/Spiller and a WR in free agency and EASILY pass McCoy's production for the next few years with that $10m. Plus they get an exciting young LB. 

The people that are saying the Eagles lost out simply don't understand value. The Eagles received a Linebacker and close to $10m free cap.

They could sign Forsett/Spiller and a WR in free agency and EASILY pass McCoy's production for the next few years with that $10m. Plus they get an exciting young LB. 

As mentioned in the Grantland article that was posted - it's about positional value.  Lot's you can do with almost $50M in cap space plus this year's draft class is filled with RB talent. 

Archived